The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Seb posted:
As the BBC London thread is archived I will post here ... it was like stepping back in time today with Charley Figgis presenting the lunchtime BBC London bulletin - very much like the old Newsroom SE days (and I think she also used to crop up on the very early days of BBC LDN).

Charley still works for BBC London as a planning editor.
SE
Seb
Seb posted:
As the BBC London thread is archived I will post here ... it was like stepping back in time today with Charley Figgis presenting the lunchtime BBC London bulletin - very much like the old Newsroom SE days (and I think she also used to crop up on the very early days of BBC LDN).

Nice to see her back in front of the camera all the same!
VM
VMPhil
Don't know where to post this really, but thought it was worth noting because TV Forum perennial favourite 'Big Moira' Moira Stuart is hosting a new show on Sky 1 called The Big Spell, a variant on the American 'spelling bee' format, along with Sue Perkins and Joe Lycett. There's a trailer currently running on Sky 1 for it.
Last edited by VMPhil on 30 December 2016 4:13pm
JC
JCV
Seb posted:
Seb posted:

Nice to see her back in front of the camera all the same!

Absolutely! She was on yesterday too, must be doing holiday cover.
LX
lxflyer
Having seen Gavin Grey mentioned, has anyone seen him recently?

He seems to have vanished certainly on my radar.
AS
AlexS
Having seen Gavin Grey mentioned, has anyone seen him recently?

He seems to have vanished certainly on my radar.

Was on the overnight shift last night, seems to be semi-regular on that shift.
GM
Gary McEwan
Going by the guide for BBC One Scotland and BBC One AD on TiVo, BBC News is going out in Scotland at 21.25 and 22.05 for presumably the rest of the UK.
IL
i-lied
Is George Alagaiah returning to GMT? Is Lucy Hockings still covering?
RN
Rolling News
DrewF posted:
Must have been a few weeks ago - he does appear infrequently still as a relief presenter. Hopefully he doesn't just vanish without saying farewell if he does leave the channel.

Since he hasn't made any appearances since this post and last appeared on 21st August, its looking likely he has sadly left. Shame if he has indeed left without a farewell, although maybe like John Stapleton he didn't want a big fanfare.

Well I eat my words, he hasn't left yet as he's doing the 7-12 on the News Channel tonight.
CI
cityprod
DrewF posted:
Must have been a few weeks ago - he does appear infrequently still as a relief presenter. Hopefully he doesn't just vanish without saying farewell if he does leave the channel.

Since he hasn't made any appearances since this post and last appeared on 21st August, its looking likely he has sadly left. Shame if he has indeed left without a farewell, although maybe like John Stapleton he didn't want a big fanfare.

Well I eat my words, he hasn't left yet as he's doing the 7-12 on the News Channel tonight.

He had previously been hosting some weekend programmes on Classic FM, so maybe this was the first chance to have him back on the news channel.
AS
AlexS

He had previously been hosting some weekend programmes on Classic FM, so maybe this was the first chance to have him back on the news channel.

He had been doing the classic FM work for a number of years, and it was almost certainly pre-recorded in some form (as he has been on the News Channel and Classic FM at the same time on occasion.)
IL
i-lied
Interesting comms failure on Newsday tonight. Rico did the midnight opening and ten minutes of it and then as Babita put it, went for a coffee and got lost. Babita promised to find him in time for the next edition of Newsday but only Babita did the opening. I think personally she's done well on her own and possibly works better on Newsday in this way.

Newer posts