TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016 Christmas Presentation

Viewers introduce Christmas Day shows (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
Erm... removing the point of the different fonts...?
FA
fanoftv
Joe posted:
Erm... removing the point of the different fonts...?

Surely the same idea as current with the 'ness' fading away to leave the 'one' whether it be in the same font or different the wording would end up on its own on screen.
BA
Bail Moderator
If 'oneness' is staying I'd like to see the main channel logo changed to the style of the handwriting font if only to fix that link from the current logo 'e' to the handwriting font 'n'.

So some sort of BBC wide corporate font...
DP
D.Page
Nice BBC1 Scotland Hogmanay trail, with fireworks graphic at the end, which animates by bursting now and again.

:-(
A former member
Something is up, is this the FIRST year the new line up of programmes promo has appeared before the bells?
A former member
Has the man with the jumper ident gone? or iam just having bad luck?
DP
D.Page
Has the man with the jumper ident gone? or iam just having bad luck?

I can't speak for Scotland. Maybe one of the guys in the pub squeezed his belly instead of the woollen ball on his jumper, and he's currently in the loo spewing up the eight pints and five packets of nuts he's consumed.
DP
D.Page
BBC1 NI dug out the Euro 2016 Ident #2 at 7.29pm this evening, leading into 'BBC Newsline Special - The Fans in France' (shame I couldn't get them in this quality at the time, I've upgraded my set-up since then).

Last edited by D.Page on 30 December 2016 9:18pm
A former member
As noted in the BBC2 thread, NI played out a new style BBC1 trailer before QI - similar to the Christmas one (i.e. the texture) but in dark red. Looked alright.
RE
Rex
New endboard right here:

Looks OK to be honest.
DP
D.Page
Been used many times today, Does look good, as does the tangerine orange we've been getting.
Last edited by D.Page on 30 December 2016 11:03pm
BR
Brekkie
The end board looks nice but on that trailer at least there is no connection at all between the animation of the logo and the endboard itself - they literally just cut to it.

Also in that cap is that how the BBC One Northern Ireland logo usually looks - I thought the "Northern Ireland" usually lined up under the one.

Newer posts