TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I think it's an amalgam of the production teams from both shows, it's a co production and had exec producers from both companies.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Looks like Chatty Man isn't being axed after all, just "rested".

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a810982/alan-carr-chatty-man-has-not-been-canceled-according-to-the-chatty-man-himself/
:-(
A former member
I think there missing a trick with not having stand up to cancer ident. Ie blocks with orange red and black. In 2014 there had ecp yet now now branding on the ecp.
PF
PFML84
They gave The Simpsons it's own ident (which now seems to have become a break bumper solely for use during the show). I imagine SU2C will have the orange, red and black blocks all night as a break bumper. Maybe they think this is enough given the ident will be used very little over the course of the evening itself as it's all live links into everything?
BR
Brekkie
Quite annoying they've broken up the telethon into half hour and hour long blocks and not linked them, meaning to record the night you have to record each blockc individually.

I suspect they'll just use the arrows sting which has featured throughout the presentation on the night.

39 days later

VM
VMPhil
The full set (I think) of the Voices on 4 idents have been uploaded here: https://vimeo.com/giantowlproductions/videos
JO
Josh
The full set (I think) of the Voices on 4 idents have been uploaded here: https://vimeo.com/giantowlproductions/videos

Also, after watching the Bus link into Gogglebox, there is a 5 second chunk which can be added on to the idents (or Udents as it fits well) for the main announcer to give warnings.
PF
PFML84
All idents and trailers now seem to have the voice over saying 'Channel 4' when before they would have just usually said '4'. Co-incidence or intentional I wonder...?

17 days later

DJ
DJGM
The sponsor credit bumpers for the David Blaine program that was Channel 4 this evening (currently airing on 4+1) said "Giff sponsors entertainment on E4" in and out of each adbreak. Shurely shome mishtake ... ?

16 days later

GO
gottago
The C4 rebrand is part of the Design of the Year exhibition at the Design Museum and included this costume from that ident. I always thought the idents were interlinked in some way and that we'd be getting new idents at some point to show the next part of the story, but the blurb said they're individual and are supposed to be about the discovery of something totally unique (or words to those effect).

This one wasn't provided with any context, is it from an ident? Part of me wondered if they were the blocks from that dreadful Guardian story where the Nathan Barley-esc creators walked into the C4 offices, threw the blocks across Jay Hunt's desk and said "there's your ident".

NW
nwtv2003
Worth noting in case you forgot (like me) that Channel 4 has now started advertising for the Darts that begins in January.
SO
SOL
Just noticed the diner/garage ident on Film 4 is the same one used in Channel 4's 2004-2015 idents. How I miss them.

Newer posts