TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016 Christmas Presentation

Viewers introduce Christmas Day shows (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CR
Critique
Asa posted:
Maybe we can all perfect our "through the night now with the BBC News channel"?

I look forward to months of moaning on here about how whichever member of TVF that did the final junction the night before called it the BBC News Channel rather than BBC News, and vice versa!
DP
D.Page
An extended playout of Bauble ident ushers in Christmas Day on BBC1 NI, with a lovely anno by Paul Reid.

AS
Asa Admin
Asa posted:
Interestingly on Friday night NI finished later and ran to 2am with a few trails but then faded into the News Channel countdown with 18secs to go. Thought it would have been nicer to either run the ident longer and exactly to the top of the hour or add a sting, but it's a minor qualm Very Happy

Fair dues to Network last night, longer bauble ident and into the news cleanly at 2am Thumbs up
DP
D.Page
Asa posted:
Interestingly on Friday night NI finished later and ran to 2am with a few trails but then faded into the News Channel countdown with 18secs to go. Thought it would have been nicer to either run the ident longer and exactly to the top of the hour or add a sting, but it's a minor qualm Very Happy

I often think the same, but I think a lot of it is down to the announcer on duty at the time and what they prefer to do in such circumstances.

For instance, Tony Currie (Scotland) and Al Dupres (Wales) seem to favour playing the closing ident out properly (as long as time permits, of course), for a nice, smooth transition to the News channel whereas Network, other announcers at Scotland and Wales and (perhaps, surprisingly) NI commonly cross over at any point in the playout. Maybe there's more to it than this but that's how the closing ident commonly seems to be aired across the BBC1 Nations.
:-(
A former member
Im sure I have see some of the other Scotland CA doing the same, I think it also depends if there are opt out that night etc if network gives you 10 sec you hands are tied.
JO
Josh
Asa posted:
The whole set, as aired on Northern Ireland yesterday.

I thought of an idea for the ident. I'm posting it and I really don't care if anyone is mad at me for doing a "fantasy" ident.

[IN AN OFFICE]

[PRE-IDENT]
Announcer: "Well, that's almost it for the people, but there's one last thing... Good night."

[MEMBERS OF TV FORUM EITHER DRINK TEA OR COFFEE, USE THEIR LAPTOPS OR WATCH TV - THEN COME TO THE FRONT]

ASA: "Now on BBC One (Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or England), we join the BBC News Channel until the morning.
On behalf of everyone at BBC One, Merry Christmas and and a Happy New Year."

ALL: "Merry Christmas!"

-

Sorry if that was awful. 😂
DP
D.Page
Are you still knocking back the mulled wine? Wink
JO
Jonny
What a load of rubbish. In reality, there would be a fight over which Balloon ident to play out before someone would pipe up exclaiming that the Balloon idents actually weren't all that and all manner of chaos would ensue.
JO
Josh
Jonny posted:
What a load of rubbish. In reality, there would be a fight over which Balloon ident to play out before someone would pipe up exclaiming that the Balloon idents actually weren't all that and all manner of chaos would ensue.

But, it's Christmas(!)

(yeahtobehonestthatwouldhappen)
RE
Rex
Jonny posted:

What about BBC TWO? Maybe to pick up the pieces and consign the ugly bits of its pres to history.
JO
Joe
JoshX posted:
Asa posted:
The whole set, as aired on Northern Ireland yesterday.

I thought of an idea for the ident. I'm posting it and I really don't care if anyone is mad at me for doing a "fantasy" ident.

[IN AN OFFICE]

[PRE-IDENT]
Announcer: "Well, that's almost it for the people, but there's one last thing... Good night."

[MEMBERS OF TV FORUM EITHER DRINK TEA OR COFFEE, USE THEIR LAPTOPS OR WATCH TV - THEN COME TO THE FRONT]

ASA: "Now on BBC One (Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales or England), we join the BBC News Channel until the morning.
On behalf of everyone at BBC One, Merry Christmas and and a Happy New Year."

ALL: "Merry Christmas!"

-

Sorry if that was awful. 😂

Thought this was a joke until...

JoshX posted:
Jonny posted:

But, it's Christmas(!)

(yeahtobehonestthatwouldhappen)

...I realised you were probably serious.
Rex, Josh and London Lite gave kudos
FA
fanoftv
If 'oneness' is staying I'd like to see the main channel logo changed to the style of the handwriting font if only to fix that link from the current logo 'e' to the handwriting font 'n'.

Newer posts