TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
Ben and Holly have been really good this week on This Morning, I've mentioned it before but Ben should be first choice to replace Phil when he eventually steps down.
AG
AxG
One thing I don't understand is that they've gone to all the effort to make it Phil & Holly's show, and yet the YouTube video closers feature only Ruth & Eamonn.

Holly has one now.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Special Halloween titles used today - very nicely done but could have done something with the music.

BR
Brekkie
So they make an effort for one day of the year but don't bother for one day a week and an entire summer.
DO
dosxuk
A lot less people will get involved with doing a one off than for something to be used for a while / often. While for the one day, the marketing department might just be "yeah, go on and see what you can do", for something used every Friday they'll be unable to resist getting the focus groups, mood boards and creative consultants out.
AN
Andrew Founding member
It's just like how the BBC introduces new idents for special occasions, but carries on with the ten year old set the rest of the time.
WH
Whataday Founding member
So they make an effort for one day of the year but don't bother for one day a week and an entire summer.

I think we've established that it's a wholly intentional decision to bill the show as Holly & Phillip's all year around.

52 days later

ST
steddenm
Slight glitch on the opening titles today - the blackboard which shows what's coming up disappeared for a moment.

WH
Whataday Founding member
Such a weird shape. I'd have thought the blackboard would have been entirely green or even just a blank blackboard so the text could be overlaid.
UB
UBox
It resembles the shape of Phillips shoulder and I'm not sure how that shot pans but it may be a way of ensuring the text is always in shot no matter where the camera is?
FA
fanoftv
The shot is a static shot, if you look at the next frame the text and graphics are over the black area. Maybe that is a guide to show where Phil's shoulder will reach.
NG
noggin Founding member
Could it not be that this was a case of matte/key and fill rolls being a frame out?

Chances are that the sequence is made by having a foreground key of the main titles with an accompanying matte/key to provide a key to allow the daily elements to be added (probably in an edit, but you could do it live with a clever timeline on the mixer, or possibly in Viz).

If the two aren't perfectly in sync you may get results like the above?

Newer posts