TV Home Forum

ITV Christmas Hearts era

1999-2001 (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Might be controversial but I think the celeb idents, particularly the second versions, matched the channel better than the last ITV1 set we had, with the walking through the market and the like, and let's not forget the original set of 'emotions' idents that were so poor they were dropped after not very long at all.

I was never a fan of the ITV logo split into squares but we always like graphical idents better here so no wonder they were popular.

Remember now during the celebs era they had no serious ident, so introduced all kinds of graphical idents to go alongside, in a completely different style.

Back to Christmas and remember this one, that annoyed us all here as it was only used before the news, all other junctions had the normal celeb mk2 idents with added sparkly bits.
Last edited by Andrew on 24 December 2016 8:58am
WH
Whataday Founding member
Watching those 2004 idents idents back, I never realised how similar the melody was to the hearts idents.
Last edited by Whataday on 24 December 2016 9:23am - 2 times in total
RD
rdd Founding member

Remember now during the celebs era they had no serious ident, so introduced all kinds of graphical idents to go alongside, in a completely different style.

There was "Big Blue" -which was just the logo on a blue gradient background. IIRC it was actually a longer version of the break bumper with music added.

Unfortunately it was an ident UTV viewers became all too familiar with when they dropped the celebrities and it became their only ident for a while.
SP
Spencer
Might be controversial but I think the celeb idents, particularly the second versions, matched the channel better than the last ITV1 set we had, with the walking through the market and the like, and let's not forget the original set of 'emotions' idents that were so poor they were dropped after not very long at all.

I was never a fan of the ITV logo split into squares but we always like graphical idents better here so no wonder they were popular.

Back to Christmas and remember this one, that annoyed us all here as it was only used before the news, all other junctions had the normal celeb mk2 idents with added sparkly bits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYuc8x2PvEQ

The full form-up version of this ident is on TV Ark here. It's rather lovely. Such a shame it was used so little.
ST
Stuart
The full form-up version of this ident is on TV Ark here. It's rather lovely. Such a shame it was used so little.

That's the only one of that set I actually liked, mainly because it didn't include any celebrities. Very Happy

I think so much more could have been done with the 2004 set. They had matching menus which then formed up into the ident, and also endboards in the same style.

They could have easily gone for a different colour for each channel using the same package. However, their imagination didn't stretch that far, although they did produce the unused ITV4 logo in the same style, which only appeared in their Annual Report.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ug09jk.jpg

That seemed to be heading for a 'grey branding' for ITV4, which oddly enough is what they've ended up with in the current set.

http://i66.tinypic.com/3329j7r.png

Newer posts