TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016

Split from BBC One Christmas 2015 (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
2point4 Children would itself have gone on longer had Gary Olsen not passed away, I beleive it had already been commissioned for a 9th series!
MW
Mike W
2point4 Children would itself have gone on longer had Gary Olsen not passed away, I beleive it had already been commissioned for a 9th series!

I remember reading on IMDB Andrew Marshall saying that it had been commissioned, some scripts were being developed (but not written) and they were booking studio space when news of Gary Olsen's illness/passing away came through.
AN
Andrew Founding member
It's going to be the next Last Of The Summer Wine and will still be going in another 20 years at this rate!

That role has already been taken by Still Open All Hours which seems to have the same mix of slapstick stunts/crazy inventions/any actor of a certain age turning up in a walk on part.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I've always enjoyed Not Going Out, but I think it'll feel like a different show, now that Lee and Lucy are parents.

It's a similar situation for Outnumbered, I'd say. I thought that would have ended years ago, perhaps after Series 3. I've never felt the show was quite as funny after the kids stopped being kids, as that was the whole foundation of the show.

How Outnumbered will work now Ben looks to be bigger than the rest of the family put together remains to be seen. Might be best just as a one off.
BR
Brekkie
Really don't get the recommissioning of Not Going Out - it's rated OK but never really been a breakout hit and as talented as Lee Mack is I don't think he could be considered a star the BBC need to keep on side. Would rather see something new given the chance really but I don't think the BBC has had a single new sitcom series this year - perhaps even for a couple of years.
JA
james-2001
Well they had the 4 "pilots" in the sitcom season... then went ahead and commissioned the cheapest to make (i.e. Porridge) rather than the most well recieved (Goodnight Sweetheart).
DA
davidhorman
Watching Have I Got More News For You from last night, I assume this is the first time (due to Nicky Morgan MP being a no-show) that the BBC have failed to meet their at-least-one-female-panel-show-member quota?
VM
VMPhil
I think Ian did make light of that in a subtle way, not necessarily about the policy but about the suitability of four men discussing a news story on women
ST
steddenm
Nice end to EastEnders tonight. No normal theme - a version of All I Want For Christmas Is You and a shot over the Square.
DA
davidhorman
Nice end to EastEnders tonight. No normal theme - a version of All I Want For Christmas Is You and a shot over the Square.

Seemed an odd thing to do for the nth episode before Christmas. It almost felt like they'd forgotten to write a cliffhanger, and you couldn't really doof-doof what they ended on.
:-(
A former member
It so nice to have a non doof doof ending, Its does happen, but not very often

JA
james-2001
I admit I had to laugh at the obvious fakeness of the sky, doubly so when the "shooting stars" went by at the end of the credits.

Newer posts