The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
Gary McEwan
A truck plows into a Christmas market in Germany.

Let's do Sport Today.

Even the NC here in the UK haven't broke into it, but yet the rest of the UK News channels have...
GI
ginnyfan

Let's do Sport Today.

AND Business Edition or whatever its called. My oh my.....

Maybe it gets a mention in an hour.....
HC
Hatton Cross
Well, BBC News Online are reporting it. Maybe someone from World and Domestic News Channels should wander over past the Christmas Trees in the newsroom, to the 'internet site' desk and ask what is going on..
MI
Mike516
20:22 - BBC World News joins BBC News Channel, abandoning Business Live.

Incidentally, Germany's Das Erste (ARD) breaking into their normal schedule around 10 minutes ago.
IN
Independent

Let's do Sport Today.

AND Business Edition or whatever its called. My oh my.....

Maybe it gets a mention in an hour.....

Business Live but weaker than the morning edition. I wish it was Business Edition, it was a much better show than this Business Live edition. It focused less on what's trending online and people's comments and covered things that aren't trending and overlooked.
MI
Mike516
So, we are now into Studio Cs most intense period of usage of the year.
24/7 usage for the next 2 to 3 weeks while the Studio B programmes are on holiday, although a lot of 5 minute summaries and prerecorded features it still needs to be available and staffed for a major breaking incident.

Interestingly BBC World News still has GMT, Impact and Focus on Africa, but just from C this week. Global isn't there, leaving a 90 minute block of BBC World News with Matthew Amroliwala.

Also: "This Week in History" breakfiller at 1715 and 1815GMT is still last week's edition.
BR
Brekkie

Let's do Sport Today.

Getting to the point where I'm scared to watch the news.

Also actually a strong argument now for actually news channels to stick with Sport Today or whatever and actually downplay these stories rather than give them the attention they seek.
EX
excel99
a516 posted:
So, we are now into Studio Cs most intense period of usage of the year.
24/7 usage for the next 2 to 3 weeks while the Studio B programmes are on holiday, although a lot of 5 minute summaries and prerecorded features it still needs to be available and staffed for a major breaking incident.

Interestingly BBC World News still has GMT, Impact and Focus on Africa, but just from C this week. Global isn't there, leaving a 90 minute block of BBC World News with Matthew Amroliwala.

Outside Source from the balcony as usual, so Studio C gets a break (not sure if the gallery will as well?)
MI
Mike516
2300GMT edition of Newsday on BBC World News replaced with a BBC News Channel simulcast.

Newsday had been advised as coming next just seconds earlier before the countdown.

Update:
2330GMT back to normal schedule with Asia Business Report
Last edited by Mike516 on 19 December 2016 11:33pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Something go wrong in Studio C or were there breaking developments in the German market story that it was easier to simulcast?
NE
Newsroom
BBC World News and the News Channel are simulcasting this morning with Joanna Gosling in Studio E.....who is clearly not used to simulcasting. (Messed up the end to the half hour).
FL
flaziola
[quote="excel99" pid="1038706"][quote="a516" pid="1038703"]

Outside Source from the balcony as usual, so Studio C gets a break (not sure if the gallery will as well?)
Really? Thought there were rules about Christmas decorations not being allowed to be shown on World News. ISTR in the News 24 in N8 days, the trees had to be removed for the overnight simulcasts.

Newer posts