The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
Entertaining but it must be a slow news day.
RN
Rolling News

Love the people looking on and clapping in the background.
WO
Worzel

Why is it people have to say this when something even remotely different or dare I say it, happy happens on a news channel? Moments like this certainly provide some light relief from the more depressing stories that usually open the first section of a bulletin.
JW
JamesWorldNews
There was once a clip on Outtake TV where a couple of newsreaders were dancing to the opening titles just before they were on camera!!! Back in 2005!

Studio N9 and BBC World (News) and their 5am to 8am daily programme which was called "The World Today" back then.

The presenters caught dancing during the intro were David Jessel (newscaster) and Dharshini David, latterly of Sky News, (Business Presenter).
RK
Rkolsen

Why is it people have to say this when something even remotely different or dare I say it, happy happens on a news channel? Moments like this certainly provide some light relief from the more depressing stories that usually open the first section of a bulletin.

I'm mistaken I thought this occurred on one of the main broadcasts with all the news going on that day I also didn't see that it was at the very end of the bulletin. It was light hearted but seeing the BBC London video made me think it was overdone.
WO
Worzel

I'm mistaken I thought this occurred on one of the main broadcasts with all the news going on that day I also didn't see that it was at the very end of the bulletin. It was light hearted but seeing the BBC London video made me think it was overdone.

It was supposed to be a sort of ...and finally piece. It was unexpected and made a nice change.
NE
News96
Any idea when the Christmas Tree's are going up in the newsroom? I'm sure they were up by this time last year.

And the answer to this question was the early hours of this morning with them first going on air at 9:00 this morning.

Tweers from our own Media Boy

SI
sigma421
Are my eyes deceiving me or did whoever put together the Review 2016 titles miss the 5 out of the 'countdown'?
BR
Brekkie
Are my eyes deceiving me or did whoever put together the Review 2016 titles miss the 5 out of the 'countdown'?

5 sadly passed away this year.
RO
rob Founding member

Post of the year. Very Happy
JW
JamesWorldNews
rob posted:

Post of the year. Very Happy

Hahahahahaha. Fabulous, Brekkie. Fabulous.
EL
elmarko
Genuinely may be the funniest post on TVF.

Newer posts