TV Home Forum

Sky Box office being shutdown Jan 4th

Sky to shutdown Box Office channels after 20 years (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PI
picard
My issue with buy and keep, is that they don't send you a blu ray, so you are paying for the movie, yet you don't have a hard HD copy.

You've surprised me, I thought they did offer either a DVD or BluRay disk. I don't have a BluRay player, so I've always just got the DVD.

Blu ray has never really took off like DVD's did. It's all in the cloud now, over time more and more will just download instead of obtaining a hard copy. Good for the environment. Sky only offer DVD at the moment.
BR
Brekkie
I tell you what people having Netflix or the equivalent is making Christmas shopping bloody tougher - DVDs aren't the option they were now many people have instant access to a wealth of on demand content.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Sky have said on multiple occasions they will "look at" sending Blu-Ray disks out but I suspect it could be argued the HD copy that you keep on your box (that you can delete and restore as needs be) serves as your Blu-Ray/HD copy or digital copy, and the DVD is for every other TV.
PI
picard
Sky have said on multiple occasions they will "look at" sending Blu-Ray disks out but I suspect it could be argued the HD copy that you keep on your box (that you can delete and restore as needs be) serves as your Blu-Ray/HD copy or digital copy, and the DVD is for every other TV.

Problem is you would lose access if you left Sky to that copy on the box.
BA
bilky asko
I tell you what people having Netflix or the equivalent is making Christmas shopping bloody tougher - DVDs aren't the option they were now many people have instant access to a wealth of on demand content.

Though I suppose many people would appreciate a month or three paid for them.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Netflix and Amazon gift cards appear to be the latest fad this Christmas.
MA
Markymark

Well, it's funny you should say that. Last night I ordered seven DVDs on Amazon for my mother. They were seven films myself and/or my wife have enjoyed on Netflix this year, and think she will too.
MA
Markymark
Not a fan of watching programmes from on demand to be honest, much prefer having a PVR. iPlayer is lovely but ITV/C4/C5 leave a lot to be desired,

That's a good point, and I realise reading that how little I watch these days from those three broadcasters.
This year just Cold Feet on ITV, Grand Designs on C4, often C4 News, (but on C4+1), and, err, nothing on C5
LL
Not a fan of watching programmes from on demand to be honest, much prefer having a PVR. iPlayer is lovely but ITV/C4/C5 leave a lot to be desired,

That's a good point, and I realise reading that how little I watch these days from those three broadcasters.
This year just Cold Feet on ITV, Grand Designs on C4, often C4 News, (but on C4+1), and, err, nothing on C5

I have to keep remembering to watch new Family Guy on the ITV Hub where as I'd watch new episodes on BBC Three. I've watched some of the Walter Presents shows and Humans on All4 and nothing on My5/Demand 5.
PI
picard

Is it really, can't imagine saying happy Christmas heres some Amazon credit. Confused
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Is it really, can't imagine saying happy Christmas heres some Amazon credit. Confused

It's the thought that counts.
LL

No different to when I got a book voucher as a child.

Newer posts