TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas Ident 2016 Speculation

Speculation (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rex
Anyone else tuned into BBC One for the Countryfile/Strictly junction, just in case...? Smile

Flamingos aired for Strictly.
KU
Kunst
Yes, Flamingos: but the announcement contained a confirmation of the Christmas look coming along with Planet Earth II
RE
Rex
It's looking ever more likely that it'll air for Planet Earth II. I'm curious to see what BBC One has in store, seeing that Two is following the bland, fatalistic path.
WI
Wicko
I always feel amused as to why the BBC regard their Christmas idents launches on a par with National Security! If all we had was just a "keep an eye out at X time on X day" then people wouldn't be so overly curious!
CA
Cavan
Why would you visit a thread about the ident if you wanted a surprise?

Read the title of the thread - BBC One Christmas Ident 2016 Speculation . The description handily reiterates that last but very important word.

Record everyone? Far easier to just ask what time it's on.

Not everyone wants to know the time of the first TX. Some people want to be surprised.
BR
Brekkie
Wicko posted:
I always feel amused as to why the BBC regard their Christmas idents launches on a par with National Security! If all we had was just a "keep an eye out at X time on X day" then people wouldn't be so overly curious!

No, YOU think the Christmas idents is a matter of national importance and them not telling you everything in minute detail about them is a huge conspiracy. Those that needed to know would have known.
PI
picard
Cavan posted:
Why would you visit a thread about the ident if you wanted a surprise?

Read the title of the thread - BBC One Christmas Ident 2016 Speculation . The description handily reiterates that last but very important word.

Record everyone? Far easier to just ask what time it's on.

Not everyone wants to know what time of the first TX. Some people want to be surprised.

That's fine, but others want to know the actual time. I don't think it's unreadable to ask what time they would be on, especially when the BBC is giving clues and staff are announcing dates on twitter.
IS
Inspector Sands
Wicko posted:

They don't, they just get over hyped on places like this.

They don't let people know when the new promos for The Apprentice start airing either but you don't get threads called 'The Apprentice promos 2016 speculation'
CA
Cavan
That's fine, but others want to know the actual time. I don't think it's unreadable to ask what time they would be on, especially when the BBC is giving clues and staff are announcing dates on twitter.

What's the biggest show on tonight, picard?
TL
toby lerone 2016
On BBC One NI the announcer said 'While your watching Strictly I'm going up to the broadcasting attic to get the Christmas decorations, now it's chilly up there, anyone seen my Christmas Jumper?.'
Cavan and Charlie Gough gave kudos
PI
picard
Cavan posted:

What's the biggest show on tonight, picard?

No idea.

Mod Edit: No.

Au Revoir
BA
Bail Moderator
This is not 4chan. No random gifs!

Newer posts