Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Asa, it all seems to behaving okay to me. Ta very much!
JB
JasonB
Loading much faster here too. Not had a single drop out.
AS
Asa Admin
That's great to hear. Yep, the site has been running with new hosts since Monday so hopefully it'll continue to be stable from now on.

Nice to see a flat-lining graph since Monday for average page view wait times...

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/i.tvforum.co.uk/tmp/avg-views.png
Charlie Gough, PFML84 and London Lite gave kudos
PF
PFML84
Yes, running a lot quicker and smoother for me too. Smile
PI
picard
Is anyone getting this?

When I create a new post, once it's posted it reloads to a blank page.

For example if I do a post on page 32 of a thread. Once I post and reload, it takes me to page 33, but it's blank.

My post is on page 32.
DO
dosxuk
Is anyone getting this?

When I create a new post, once it's posted it reloads to a blank page.

For example if I do a post on page 32 of a thread. Once I post and reload, it takes me to page 33, but it's blank.

My post is on page 32.

There are some long standing bugs related to deleted posts which seems to mess up the page counter from time to time.
BR
Brekkie
Anyone else having issues with the "View first unread post" link going back a bit further than it should?

Also notice the irony of the Christmas ident thread gaining two pages of absolutely nothing within an hour of Asa telling people to stop posting when there is absolutely nothing to report. I've always blamed Twitter for the decline in forum etiquette (generally, not just here) over the years but is certainly a noticeable change now from the days when people were grateful for the little snippets of info received to an expectation by some, generally newer, members that we have a right to demand such info continually for weeks before it might be revealed.

P.S. New hosts seen to be doing the trick - thanks Asa. I was beginning to worry that TV Forum was having more downtime than Arise News!
Last edited by Brekkie on 3 December 2016 9:06pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I haven't had major issues with "View first unread post" but I do find it may misbehave if you come to the site, use it, go away and come back without closing the browser and/or tab in the meantime. This is not unique to TV Forum though in my experience and may be a cookie issue.
BR
Brekkie
It does seem to be when I switch from my tablet to PC so what you're saying Neil kind of makes sense. Isn't a consistent issue but seems to happen in a couple of threads regularly (the scorebar one for me).
BR
Brekkie
Also today I've had two old threads (Good Morning Britain and the EU Referendum) show up as "NEW", with the view latest post link going to page 1.
AS
Asa Admin
The last visit to each topic page is logged so in theory it should always be accurate when you click the newest link as it's just based on the first post after your last visit time but I'll take another look at it. (The old threads bug was a mistake the other night - I'd been overzealous with deleting old records.)
FO
Footballer
What happened to some minor threads from February-March 2009? They show up on the page, but when you click on them, they're blank. It even has links to other pages which also show up blank. The posts still show up on user's profiles. See http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/future-bland-cheap-itv1-look-like-29386 for an example of what I'm talking about.

Newer posts