TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
Twitter was always full of people moaning about Fletch & Sav, but at the beginning of this season it was full of people complaining it had gone. You can't win!

Savage is a marmite figure, but the content of the show was good, and a far better alternative that Soccer AM which has long since gone past its best.
WH
whoiam989
rdd posted:
... for the present, and despite their separate ownership, Eir Sport 2 (owned by Eir) and Premier Sports (owned by Michael O'Rourke) continue to run as one single service.

Okay, a bit off-topic, but can anyone record both Eir Sport 2 and Premier Sport at the same time, so I can see how do they operate as the 'same channel but with different names'?
RD
rdd Founding member
You won't see any on screen difference by doing that, on satellite anyway.

Effectively the same channel is broadcast with the label "Eir Sport 2" on the Republic of Ireland EPG and "Premier Sports" on the UK EPG. During programming common to both - which is about 90% of the time - the channel is branded on air as Premier Sports. Eir Sport 2 branding is only shown in and around programmes that are only broadcast in Ireland, and very occasionally (and more recently) also on programmes broadcast in both countries that are primarily of Irish interest - ROI football friendlies for instance, when Eir Sport are host broadcasters.

Since the loss of the Premier League, programmes broadcast only in Ireland are limited mainly to Champions League and Europa League group stage games.

During the summer (from May to July) there are also GAA Championship games which are broadcast only in Great Britain but not in ROI (or I think NI).

Note that this all applies to the satellite version - the cable version is slightly different in that it carries an Eir Sport 2 DOG 24/7 and also used to carry replacement programming - usually NRL repeats - during UK only programming.
DV
DVB Cornwall
BT now has a UEFA CL match between Manchester City and Barcelona available in UHD Catchup on YouView which is a new element to the offering.

20 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
UEFA rights for 2018-21 are now on sale. The tender documents have been issued. Group phase CL matches will see 2 kick off at 6pm UK time and the remaining 6 at 8pm. No timetable for the individual country processes is available so far.

Be prepared for imminent news.
BR
Brekkie
A shame they've gone for Europa League style scheduling but it probably works better for Europe than us. Heck, guess we should get used to that scenario.
GE
thegeek Founding member
There's a mysteriously unpromoted repeat of highlights of this morning's Big Bash League cricket on BT Sport Showcase at 8pm this evening, in case anyone's interested.
BR
brizzlechris
There's a mysteriously unpromoted repeat of highlights of this morning's Big Bash League cricket on BT Sport Showcase at 8pm this evening, in case anyone's interested.
The original BT rights announcement re: the deal with Cricket Australia promised...
Quote:
a free-to-air rights package that includes daily highlights of international matches and the Big Bash League, as well as one Big Bash League “match of the round” broadcast live and free each week.

https://www.btplc.com/BTToday/NewsList/Howzat/index.htm
...so this looks to be fulfilling that element of the deal. They didn't seem to do the same for the test matches (unless that was covered by their online YouTube highlights?) while the weekly live match of the round would appear to be covered by the deal agreed with Channel 5.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Interesting that BT Sport are taking almost the whole of the TEN coverage of the BBL including just now off subject discussions. We've just had a between innings discussion about TEN's IACMOOH that's about to start.
GE
thegeek Founding member
well, when you're not doing a studio wrap, it's a bit tricky to do anything else other than just take it as is!

(didn't you miss a letter in that abbreviation?)
JA
jackhendo
Interesting that BT Sport are taking almost the whole of the TEN coverage of the BBL including just now off subject discussions. We've just had a between innings discussion about TEN's IACMOOH that's about to start.

Although Sky didn't show the promos they did show the ensuing conversations afterwards re Celebrity, 24 etc. I remember them going on and on speculating about Warnie in the jungle last year.

I guess it's a bit of Aussie culture. I really like Ten's relaxed style, suits the BBL
JE
Jeffmister
Although Sky didn't show the promos they did show the ensuing conversations afterwards re Celebrity, 24 etc. I remember them going on and on speculating about Warnie in the jungle last year.

What DVB Cornwall was referring to wasn't the promos that air between overs during the innings but rather a segment during the break between innings involving one of the hosts of the Australian I'm a Celeb

Newer posts