The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MQ
Mr Q
TV2 Bornholm; regional news for the island of Bornholm, Denmark; 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfmIIBrs86w

This clip of the late news for Bornholm gives a fuller view of the set.

It's not going to win any awards, but I don't think it's all that bad for a small island, population ~40000.
WW
WW Update
RAI Due, Italy; the right-wing terrorist bombing of the Bologna train station is the lead story, 1980:

LL
London Lite Founding member
DW English, 1200 CET News, 20 October 2016.

CH
Charles
DW-TV is a channel I've recently rediscovered. It's an occasional nice change to get some extra news from Germany, and DW's culture and history programs are pretty interesting. I also love that sound mnemonic best heard in the ident at the end of that video.

The last time I watched DW-TV with any regularity was when it looked like this:

TM
tmorgan96
I think Journal looked exactly the same as the above clip up until it relaunched sometime last year I think?

That theme has a striking resemblance to the old ABC News Australia theme music:
LL
France's i>TELE returned to live broadcasting this evening after the longest audio-visual strike in French history. Here's the first live segment.

WW Update and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
DV
DVB Cornwall
The Morandini affair will certainly go down in history as disturbing and bearing in mind the events on this side of the channel extraordinary that it's occurred in 2016. It's resolution can't come fast enough with justice served to all parties.
aconnell and London Lite gave kudos
LL
Worth noting that the presenter who was the first back on the channel didn't support the strike and continued to work for other parts of the Canal+ group during industrial action.

Also, the branded i>TELE mics have vanished this evening.
LL
LCI (La Chaine Info) - 20 October 2016.

LL
I can't find any indication that i>TELE are back out on strike, however since 1000 CET, a loop of documentaries and the weather forecast have been broadcast.

It may be that the channel doesn't have enough staff to broadcast daytime output.
LL
Article from the French Huffington Post of the 25 journalists who have resigned from i>TELE which may be why they're unable to provide a daytime service today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.fr/2016/11/16/qui-sont-les-journalistes-que-vous-ne-verrez-plus-sur-itele/?ncid=tweetlnkfrhpmg00000001
HC
Hatton Cross
I can't find any indication that i>TELE are back out on strike, however since 1000 CET, a loop of documentaries and the weather forecast have been broadcast.

It may be that the channel doesn't have enough staff to broadcast daytime output.

Although France2 Tele Matin came from the cupboard/2 chairs, 3 cameras set up this morning, so it could be that there's a more wide spread French TV studio technicians strike today.

Newer posts