TV Home Forum

Murray moves to BBC1

In November (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GE
Gareth E
I think there's been the odd 45-minute Celebrity Pointless. So there's scope for 6.10pm.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Not many half hour filler shows available nowadays to the BBC. Aunties Bloomers used to do that trick, and that would be rather apt but of course they rush off air so probably enough time for Pointless. They even had just the one trailer before the news.

How did the news channel cope with the last hour?

They've been airing Celebrity Mastermind repeats at teatime in recent weeks so could have slotted one of those in.

I also wonder how the news channel coped, as they went from Game set and match to Kate Silverton in no more than a minute.
NE
News96
Children In Need highlights bumped and replaced by a Pointless repeat.
BR
Brekkie
I think there's been the odd 45-minute Celebrity Pointless. So there's scope for 6.10pm.

Don't think they did one yesterday but in previous years they had done Children in Need specials on the day of the telethon so that would seem suitable, although probably to risky as it is bound to have references to Wogan which may not serm appropriate now.
CY
cylon6
Children In Need highlights bumped and replaced by a Pointless repeat.

That'll rate better than Children In Need highlights.
CY
cylon6
Surprised there wasn't a Pointless Celebrities Children In Need special.
Last edited by cylon6 on 20 November 2016 12:02am
:-(
A former member
BBC Scotland is keeping the BBC1 slot and will broadcast its Special CIN highlights tomorrow at 16.45 instead of plant earth 2.
BB
BBCME Founding member
BBC One Scotland missed the junction for the news. They cut out of a promo for The River half way through in to the kites ident. They then crashed in to the news just as Kate was starting the first story.
:-(
A former member
TA-DA: There was no crashing into the first story, I do wonder if there were no headline bed just a straight run.

Last edited by A former member on 19 November 2016 6:53pm
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Looks like they're currently running only a couple minutes late for Strictly.
CA
Cavan
Meanwhile, on BBC ONE Northern Ireland...

RE
Rex
Cavan posted:
Meanwhile, on BBC ONE Northern Ireland...

Looks like playout flipped the switch way too early - it erroneously aired straight after the Tennis World Tour programme ended.

Newer posts