International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
The launch:

MO
Mouseboy33
I dont speak french and I've watch a few minutes of the channel. So far it seems professionally done. Couple of hick-ups, but nothing major. The onscreen information includes constant traffic and weather and the transport system has a constantly update ticker/flipper. The presentation style is BFM perhaps a bit more subtle than the mothership, but it seems like a good service for Paris. Too bad for London.
MA
mark Founding member
I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. It's pretty much exactly what a news channel for a capital city should be like, and I wish London had something similar.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Two months from the launch of Franceinfo, here's 20 mins from the channel this evening.

WW Update and Quatorzine Neko gave kudos
QN
Quatorzine Neko
The France Télévisions anchors still have trouble to synchronize with the radio titles. At 9:40pm, the newscast anchor says it's time to get back to Myriam Bounafaa (the continuity anchor), though it's actually time for the titles live from Radio France. And at 9:50pm, Myriam Bounafaa does not finish her sentence in time before the radio titles launch. These problems occur much more rarely with the radio anchors. It confirms some of my doubts: whether on the content or on the shape, Radio France keeps being more professional than France Télévisions (though the fact that the France Info radio has nearly 30 years of experience can still excuse a part of it).

Such problems also apply at other times of the day. What's more, at the beginning, before the longer programmes produced by Radio France (8h30 Politique, Les Informés, Le Clasico), the news anchors used to introduce the programme before the switch to Radio France (for example, they would say "now it's time for 8h30 Politique, with Jean-Michel Aphatie and Fabienne Sintes"). Now they just say "our programmes continue on France Info". It's sad. I wonder if there's still conflict between Radio France and France Télévisions…
LL
London Lite Founding member
Other observations on Franceinfo. They use different lighting for different times of the day. Blue is for the late bulletin.

The Radio France newsreader no longer uses a tablet, using cue cards instead and doesn't get an in-vision credit.

Weekends are largely 10 minute bulletins at x00 and x30 for 10 minutes.

There was an in-vision weather bulletin during the morning show with France 2's Valérie Maurice today from the main studio.
VI
Viakenny
New developments for SBT: last night, by the network owner's orders (!), all newscasts now carry the current temperature in major Brazilians cities and the current time (based on Brazilian Summer Time) on an analog clock (!!) - see story here: http://mauriciostycer.blogosfera.uol.com.br/2016/11/08/silvio-santos-manda-principal-telejornal-do-sbt-exibir-as-horas-na-tela/ (in Portuguese).
Plus, their branding is now standardized, based on the graphics for their main evening newscast, SBT Brasil .

Jornal do SBT (late):

SBT Notícias (overnight):

Primeiro Impacto (morning):

Also, SBT also drew some criticism over the past couple of months (especially from the local Journalists' Union) for replacing the previous co-anchors for Primeiro Impacto (both of which remain with SBT) with 18-year-old Dudu Camargo, which adopts a presenting style not unlike that of their time-period competitor, Luiz Bacci (who is much older than Camargo), from Record's Balanço Geral Manhã .

Last edited by Viakenny on 8 November 2016 7:38pm
WW
WW Update
SWR, news for Baden-Württemberg, Germany; 2016:

WW
WW Update
And extended clip of the launch of BFM Paris:

Mouseboy33 and London Lite gave kudos
WW
WW Update
TV2, Denmark; regional news for East Jutland, 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knL4EMRR1-M

And here's TV2's news for North Jutland -- with a completely different look and feel:

Last edited by WW Update on 10 November 2016 2:48am
VI
Viakenny
SIC, Portugal, Jornal da Noite (Sunday edition), 2016:
GU
guest03
MDR Aktuell, Germany (Thuringia, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt), 2014

In May (2016), MDR's 24h radio news channel "MDR Info" was renamed to "MDR Aktuell". The new jingle for their news bulletins sounds similiar to its TV counterpart (0:35):

Newer posts