The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Why are they wasting screen space with that daft "awaiting results" graphic TWO HOURS before the first polls close?
BA
bilky asko
dvboy posted:
Why are they wasting screen space with that daft "awaiting results" graphic TWO HOURS before the first polls close?

They did that too from 9pm with the 2015 Election, didn't they?
II
IrelandIsle
Graphics changed a little bit during the break.

Graphics on the big screen are so much better now they've started using colours other than plain white as background.
Last edited by IrelandIsle on 8 November 2016 10:40pm
VM
VMPhil
dvboy posted:

And 2010.
SK
skyviewer
And now at 11 again full titles and even the normal ToTH ahead of the two election idents. Interesting they´ve gone this way again compared to Decision Time UK 2015 were there was basically no intro at all. What a night!
RD
RDJ
dvboy posted:

And 2010.

It looks so awful when they do that...
II
IrelandIsle
I reckon that will be the last TOTH sequence for quite a few hours.
RH
richard h
The only thing I don't like about the graphics is how they have "first polls close at midnight" so high up over the bit where the awaiting results section is - it should be lined up with the counters and the countdown / state
RH
richard h
Kay live on a boat

Interesting that Jeremy is the main presenter tonight - who did the last presidential election?

like the animation on the counter when changing from senate, house etc
II
IrelandIsle
Not liking this results rundown.

The vote tally seems to be badly lagged behind the actual vidiprinter, and it's not really obvious what the network names are for in the list, I assume it means the report is from them, but does that mean it's confirmed or not?

Now we're seeing duplicates as well in the list.
RH
richard h

The vote tally seems to be badly lagged behind the actual vidiprinter, and it's not really obvious what the network names are for in the list, I assume it means the report is from them, but does that mean it's confirmed or not?

I think if it says SKY then its correct
The graphics look a lot nicer now we have some colour on them
DV
dvboy

I think if it says SKY then its correct
The graphics look a lot nicer now we have some colour on them

When it says SKY it means Sky are satisfied with the call and are calling it themselves.

Newer posts