TV Home Forum

Christmas 2016

Adverts/Trailers/Promos/General TV Presentation etc (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
remlap
Very

DFS

Last edited by remlap on 3 November 2016 6:11pm
RE
remlap
Bells Brilliantly Done:

RE
remlap
Argos:

TK Maxx:

House of Fraser:

Littlewoods:

AN
Andrew Founding member
Toys R Us still not getting the charm their original ad has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZrPNzAY5A

At least they're still using the classic song, not the awful "I wanna be a Toys R Us kid" they tried using a few years back.

What's funny is that on Twitter many are like "WTF why have Toys R Us changed their advert" obviously forgetting all the various times they'd dropped it and tried to introduce the American versions, so the fact they've changed the advert but kept the original song is more original than in some years. Either people's memories play tricks on them, or people on Twitter are generally ill informed...
LL
Larry the Loafer
Twitter will get angry over anything.
RE
remlap
First Supermarkets:

WH
Whataday Founding member
They've made that Tesco store look awfully messy and crowded. Shooting down a narrow aisle with people blocking half of it isn't advisable either. You can even see the extras getting in others way in the background. Add to that the most annoying Christmas song of all time playing in the background. Wouldn't make me want to go there to do my Christmas shopping and to me highlights everything that makes Tesco so dreadful these days.

Compare to the Morrisons ad which features only a handful of customers in the background and plenty of close up shots in parts of the store that are more spacious.
JA
james-2001
What's funny is that on Twitter many are like "WTF why have Toys R Us changed their advert" obviously forgetting all the various times they'd dropped it and tried to introduce the American versions, so the fact they've changed the advert but kept the original song is more original than in some years. Either people's memories play tricks on them, or people on Twitter are generally ill informed...

They haven't used the animated advert for quite a while anyway. A while back they made the remastered version of it, but for the past few years they've just been using other new adverts, just with the song from the old advert on it.
WH
Whataday Founding member

They haven't used the animated advert for quite a while anyway. A while back they made the remastered version of it, but for the past few years they've just been using other new adverts, just with the song from the old advert on it.

Haven't they occasionally thrown the full version out alongside their new ads, a bit like Coca-Cola does with the trucks?

I think the whole advert is more about the song than the animation anyway isn't it. The animation was always quite throwaway.
RE
remlap
Snowdog Sequel:

ALDI:

Temptations Cat Biscuits:

Last edited by remlap on 7 November 2016 2:51pm - 3 times in total
HC
Hatton Cross
Matt Berry as Steven Toast in the Bells Scotch adverts are a work of genius.

At last, Jane Plough has got Toast a decent gig for once....!

..but I do wonder just how many viewers will get the joke - or wonder what is going on if Ray Purchase makes an appearance towards the end of the campaign.
Mrbean 12 and MrDexB gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
..but I do wonder just how many viewers will get the joke - or wonder what is going on if Ray Purchase makes an appearance towards the end of the campaign.

Toast isn't that far off Matt Berry's standard comedy persona, so I think even at face value it makes for a decent watch.

Newer posts