TV Home Forum

Watchdog

The programme you can probably afford to miss (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
Looks like The One Show morphed with one of the BBC's forgotten "action packed game shows" that ran for one series on Saturday nights.
MA
madmusician
Wasn't that because Dan was done for fraud?!

Yes, but that's irrelevant. It was a lot more entertainment skewed back then

Sure - wasn't trying to argue against your point. Just thought it was amusing to mention!
Stuart and Inspector Sands gave kudos
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
since Rogue Traders stopped being a double act

Correct, see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18867305

It does seem an interesting choice to go for what is essentially a tent outside New Broadcasting House. I'm guessing they may be sharing whatever facilities The One Show has to save costs. Does anyone know if they/BBC are already covered as per The One Show to have part of the public walkway closed? Both the 'tent' and crates were shown in place last night, so presumably both were left set up overnight.
TVF
TV Forum Team
Posts from Watchdog have been merged into this topic.
AS
AlexS
since Rogue Traders stopped being a double act

Correct, see: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18867305

It does seem an interesting choice to go for what is essentially a tent outside New Broadcasting House. I'm guessing they may be sharing whatever facilities The One Show has to save costs. Does anyone know if they/BBC are already covered as per The One Show to have part of the public walkway closed? Both the 'tent' and crates were shown in place last night, so presumably both were left set up overnight.

Also allows for Sophie to get to studio E within the hour between Watchdog and News at 10

LL
London Lite Founding member
New titles and logo for Rogue Traders to mach with the new Watchdog branding.
IS
Inspector Sands
AlexS posted:

Also allows for Sophie to get to studio E within the hour between Watchdog and News at 10

Longer than that, Watchdog wasn't live
DJ
DJGM

AlexS posted:

Does Watchdog really need to be broadcast live?
MD
mdtauk
DJGM posted:

AlexS posted:

Does Watchdog really need to be broadcast live?

Yes if they are soliciting reactions and responses to the items being featured.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Going by tonight's edition, not as manic as the last series with half a dozen presenters in shot. Good to see Michelle has returned to a reporting role and Steph McGovern is excellent fronting Team Watchdog.

However it does feel like Crimewatch that budget cuts are there for all to see, a 'tent' at BH, no interaction with the viewers, so no extras with laptops this time round and a more serious tone to the programme.

Matt Allwright and Sophie Raworth do have good chemistry though.
TT
ttt
Sophie Raworth? Steph McGovern? Eurgh. The BBC are getting more like ITV every day with presenters appearing on absolutely everything. One more programme I won't be bothering with.
ST
Stedixon
I actually liked the new set up. It worked. It shows that a plastic dome has less sound issues than a glass box too Very Happy

The presenting team I especially like. Sophie and Steph add to the show.
UBox and JamesWorldNews gave kudos

Newer posts