The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
II
IrelandIsle
I was talking about Sky News Centre (the old studio) not the glass box. Stephen and Isabel both had laptops and were using them rather than using at the screens in the desk which made me wonder if they removed the screens from the old studio?

I know they have mini keyboards on the desks in the new studio, cheap Advent ones from PC World at that too, which are horrible to type on, you'd have thought they'd be able to afford something better Smile
PI
picard
They have had laptops for a while.

II
IrelandIsle
One presenter using laptop and another using desk or with a tablet yes, but one laptop each?
NT
NewbieTvFan
Why were they back in original studio today?
PI
picard
One presenter using laptop and another using desk or with a tablet yes, but one laptop each?

?????

Ok, they are both using an electronic device.

It seems they are both using them just for tweets etc.
PI
picard
Why were they back in original studio today?

Sky had to get the box replaced at Ikea.

http://1s2xyr1cv3231fhdz33cr3m1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Ikea_studio_apt_featured.png
NT
NewbieTvFan
Bored of the ikea and tesco comparisons. It's a nice modern open studio. Works very well for sunrise too.
PI
picard
The other new studio at Sky Central is close to completion.

http://media.gettyimages.com/videos/exterior-shots-david-blaine-being-lifted-up-into-air-in-box-hanging-video-id452301382?s=640x640

I think the box studio might be growing on me, add a few screen in the background.
DO
dosxuk

?????

Because that's the only thing a newsreader will want to access while they're working... Rolling Eyes
RK
Rkolsen

?????

Because that's the only thing a newsreader will want to access while they're working... Rolling Eyes

I got the impression from some posts Stephen Dixon made on Twitter was that the Surface he uses on the show is a personal work laptop. There also have been posts from other hosts showing the old studio desk having desktop monitor in it in addition to one that's a multiviewer showing different news channels.

The tablet that Gillian uses on that TBT YouTube clip controls what's displayed on the video wall during the newspaper review segments.
TV
thetvman
There probably back in the old studio as there is an awful echo in that glass box. Even my Dad commented on this and he has no interest in TV shows.
WA
watchingtv

Newer posts