The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
It does show why ITN never have used just a plain view of their atrium as a backdrop - they've always tinted the windows or broken it up with colour, though even on the few occassions they've used an atrium view it's never been as bland as this - even the CSO version they used for a period on the ITV News had additions to make it slightly more interesting, plus actually had people in the offices behind, though obscured enough not to be a distraction.
RH
richard h
https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/sky-news-unveils-new-schedule?utm_content=buffer85c97&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

From 6.30pm to 7pm Ian King will continue to present Ian King Tonight - either its getting a new name or even the press office don't know the name of the show - prefer Ian King Live though.

John Ryley, Head of Sky News commented: “Our new schedule reflects the very best of our talent well what's left of it . Our viewers will get what they expect of Sky News white blobs, stairs and people buying coffee , expert analysis and exclusive reporting from our team of editors and correspondents, hard hitting interviews talking to politicians like something on the bottom of their shoe , breaking news as it comes in, and lively debate from our contributors which nobody can follow as everyone just interrupts all the time but it uses up a nice chunk of each hour .”

before anyone says anything the last part is a light-hearted post
Last edited by richard h on 24 October 2016 11:47pm - 7 times in total
BR
Brekkie
How does Ian King rate - it's the sort of show I'd have thought could quite easily disappear amongst such schedule changes.
RH
richard h
How does Ian King rate - it's the sort of show I'd have thought could quite easily disappear amongst such schedule changes.

I think they justified getting rid of all other business updates to themselves by keeping Ian King's show and if they got rid of it we would just get another 30 minute loop we get all day anyway with probably another debate which I find boring to watch as it usually consists of people butting in all the time and they do the same topic multiple hours sometime too.
SO
SOL
Just caught a quick look at Sky News and it looked as though it was in the old studio with the newsroom behind the presenter.
RH
richard h
SOL posted:
Just caught a quick look at Sky News and it looked as though it was in the old studio with the newsroom behind the presenter.

9pm - 6am remains in the current sky news centre
Only 6am - 6:30pm is in the new glass box
6:30pm-9pm remains at Millbank or you might know it as the Westminster studio
NJ
news junkie
SOL posted:

It was, the new glass box is only on air 6-10, 11-630. The 'old' sky news centre will remain until the new newsroom and studio is ready in around a year, I think someone mentioned.

EDIT: Richardh bet me to the post button
:-(
A former member
thats two different points, where is sky news tonight coming from? Its clearly current studios yet Milbank keeps on getting mentioned... Will it move shortly?
NJ
news junkie
thats two different points, where is sky news tonight coming from? Its clearly current studios yet Milbank keeps on getting mentioned... Will it move shortly?

6-10: Sunrise at the glass box
10-11: All Out Politics at Millbank
11-630: Sky News at the glass box
630-9: Ian King Live & Sky News Tonight at Millbank
9-6: Sky News at the 'old' Sky News Centre until the newsroom & studio are ready.

From what I have read on here, the shows based at Millbank aren't moving
NI
nigel
The new studio looks like one of those abandoned airports in Spain that never had a flight.

Horribly empty and cold.
SO
SOL
Thanks, I thought I was seeing things as it was only a glimpse.

So why is it not at the new Sky Central 24 hours?
MD
MrDexB
JCB posted:
TV Forum 2005: " urgh! it's loud and brash...I HATE IT!!"
TV Forum 2016: "urgh! it's minimalist and bland...I HATE IT!!"

The thing is we never like it, but we get used to it after some or all of it is gone!

Newer posts