The Gallery

This Morning "Scroller" titles 2016

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DK
DanielK
Watching the same footage a million times brought to my attention that they're wearing different clothes in the last scene. I guess that's intentional rather than a continuity goof.

Is it not meant to be them after changing for the show?0
VM
VMPhil
Unfortunately this video only makes me pine for the former arrangement of the theme tune used throughout most of the 1990s and 2000s (with the sax). I don't think they've ever bettered it before or since
London Lite and BroadcastWales gave kudos
BW
BroadcastWales
Unfortunately this video only makes me pine for the former arrangement of the theme tune used throughout most of the 1990s and 2000s (with the sax). I don't think they've ever bettered it before or since

I agree it was definitley the best arrangement of the theme. Maybe Whataday you could try your mock with that arrangement to see how it looks.
VM
VMPhil

I agree it was definitley the best arrangement of the theme. Maybe Whataday you could try your mock with that arrangement to see how it looks.

Well, I can understand why they wanted to use a new theme tune as they refreshed all other aspects of the brand at the time to make it feel younger, I just don't feel it's ever sounded as good.
BW
BroadcastWales

Well, I can understand why they wanted to use a new theme tune as they refreshed all other aspects of the brand at the time to make it feel younger, I just don't feel it's ever sounded as good.

Yes, the current theme isn't too bad. The one from 2009-2015 was a nice radical change. But it's as if the current arrangement tries to go back to how it was in the 90s and give it a modern twist without the saxophone.
WH
Whataday Founding member
If it's retro you're after...

ID
Identity
I love that retro version
LE
Lester Founding member
That 90's version had such punch. For some reason, any 90's TV theme with saxophone in it (GMTV, EastEnders short-lived 1993 version etc) seems to be a favourite of mine.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I think the rhythm and beat does a lot for it too - luckily we have some of that back in the latest version.
BW
BroadcastWales
That is just excellent. Love that theme and i like the mix of modern shots with the 90s blue background.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Thanks for the comments, here's a version I did with my own remix/mashup/whatever of the theme

TO
tomo359
Love your own remix of the music, and the retro style titles. You have done a great job with this mock. Only thing I wasn't too sure about was the ending to your remix theme, it goes from fast, loud and upbeat, to suddenly ending softly, just sounded a little jarring.

Newer posts