The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
globaltraffic24
The faux-relaxed style is also rather grating. It feels like a regional English BBC news programme. This feels like my 'Honey G on X Factor' moment! Sky News has lost me.
HB
HarryB
Outside the box camera shots used to go to the break.
AA
Aaron_2015

RH
richard h
The angle for the interview on the big screen inside the box looks a lot nicer than the pic during the rehearsals from outside the box with the lights covering peoples faces - I hope that idea was dropped completely
PI
picard
Outside the box camera shots used to go to the break.

Looks a bit awkward for the presenter at the desk having to turn his head.
AA
Aaron_2015
The studio looks so much better straight on, the left/right angles are too nondescript. Also, the 'bin' under the desk between the presenters looks quite odd.
RH
richard h
The studio looks so much better straight on, the left/right angles are too nondescript. Also, the 'bin' under the desk between the presenters looks quite odd.

The "bin" is where they store the coffee cups
https://twitter.com/SkyHarriet/status/789210717454991360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
HB
HarryB
LL
London Lite Founding member
It'd make a good studio for BBC London News.
TV
TV Dan
Awww lovely shot of a cleaner pushing her trolley - maybe we could make it into a game of the best things to spot Shocked
II
IrelandIsle
Don't like it at all.

It looks like a cheap regional newsroom with too much background stuff and is very distracting. Very quickly over the last year sky news is going downhill with the cuts to output then presenters now studio.

As for the staff who decided to leave. They clearly have one up on all of us. They effectively over the last year dismantled everything that sky news it's identity.

Theme tune
Presenters
Colours
Studio

Sky news is just an also ran these days. Having watched the channel for 15 years it's got to the point where it has lost its identity and has become a low budget BBC clone.

Hopefully all the ex staff will turn TV somewhere together later on. As for me. Back to BBC. Rather watch the real thing than a cheap clone
PL
plymouthbloke1974
It's got "Apple Store" written all over it....

Agree we need the TOTH "Voice of God" AKA Bruce Hamill.

Newer posts