The Newsroom

UTV Live (News) rebrand

New look to bring it in line with ITV (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
They aren't using the opportunity to do something new, they are keeping it like it was before, only with a new paint job.

There doesn't seem to be as many camera jib shots at the moment.
LS
Lou Scannon
When they come out of the title sequence (UTV Live) they have a wide shot of the studio for about half a second before going into a close of the hosts. It looks really odd, a mistake perhaps but seeing they've included on last nights show it looks like it's here to stay.

It seems like they are trying to do what they used to , the old title sequence faded off screen before the music ended and they had a sweeping shot that syncs with the last few seconds of the theme , but now the titles play to the end and it seems they are trying to retain that shot but it just comes across as awkward.

They really ought to do exactly what all other ITV plc regions do - Mix from the end of the main titles straight to the presenter 2-shot, and save any kind of wideshot for after the post-headlines sting.
ST
South Today
Paul Clark doing a rare Friday for him maybe with the axing of UTV Live Tonight we shall see him doing Fridays more. Certainly not complaining as I really enjoy his style.

Anyone else noticed those shadow shape on the backing behind the desk are the old logo?
CO
Colm
Did UTV get a five-minute bulletin this evening - followed by eight minutes of adverts and trails?
MM
MMcG198
Col posted:
Did UTV get a five-minute bulletin this evening - followed by eight minutes of adverts and trails?

That's what it seemed like. The trail for that new Davina McCall programme appeared twice - each airing less than a minute apart.

The cutbacks also seem to have resulted in the removal of at least one lightbulb in the small CSO studio. Sara Moore was very poorly lit.

And also, perhaps for the first time, no graphic showing the results from the Danske Bank Premiership.
CO
Colm
Maybe they didn't get the football graphic template sent over to them? It's out there in the ether alongside those elusive ECPs...
UM
UlsterMan123
Just a thought as I haven't seen much news of late, are UTV cutting the sports presentation down as I have not seen much of our lovely Ruth Gorman (sports) it now just seems to be a little tit bit on the end of each bulliten.
ST
South Today
Just a thought as I haven't seen much news of late, are UTV cutting the sports presentation down as I have not seen much of our lovely Ruth Gorman (sports) it now just seems to be a little tit bit on the end of each bulliten.

Sport seems to be featured most nights still and Ruth's standard closing line - ''That's your sport bye for now''. Although since its lost its sponsorship about a month or so ago it isn't always featured every night.
ST
South Today
Aidan Browne presenting tonight's late bulletin from the main studio. Surely a few years since Aidan was let out of the broom cupboard to present?
RI
Richard
Aidan Browne presenting tonight's late bulletin from the main studio. Surely a few years since Aidan was let out of the broom cupboard to present?

He's not doing anything else now, is he though?
ST
South Today

Not heard him on any continuity announcements as yet. Maybe sometime in the future he may reappear? I do rather like his style.
DE
denton

Not heard him on any continuity announcements as yet. Maybe sometime in the future he may reappear? I do rather like his style.

Really?

"Programme B is on your screens in 30 minutes here on UTV, that's after Programme A."

Followed 30 minutes later by...

"Programme C is on your screens in 30 minutes here on UTV, that's after Programme B."

Etc, etc, etc... for the past 23 years.

Newer posts