The Newsroom

Channel 4 News

(November 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
ASO posted:
Could you tell me why a turban would be intrusive?

Because it would distract viewers from the actual news.

I take it you've never watched Hardeep Singh Kohli?
DA
davidhorman
ASO posted:

That doesn't explain why a hijab fails to do so.
DV
dvboy
ASO posted:

I don't think you realise what utter bollocks you are talking. Sad
CI
cityprod
The amount of bollocks in this thread is equivalent to a single page of The Sun "newspaper".
NE
newsman1
ASO posted:

That doesn't explain why a hijab fails to do so.

A hijab, unlike a turban, is a flat garment and thus is not tall.
PI
picard
It looks like DS forums atm.
AS
Asa Admin
Yes, this has far derailed off the conversation the topic should be about. Back to Channel 4 news presentation discussion please.

18 days later

NE
newsman1
It is interesting to notice that Washington correspondent Kylie Morris is essentially a third presenter on the programme whenever there is a major US story, i.e. she interviewed her colleague, international editor Lindsey Hillsum, in New York on tonight's programme.
EL
elmarko
I have nothing to post other than the fact that Channel 4 News over the past few weeks has been exemplary, both from a content aspect and from a production aspect. The other week they had 4 anchors live in 4 locations and lots of VT and stuff from London and all talking to each other. Now, you can make the arguments about pointless lives and whatnot, but from a pure technical level they've been knocking it out of the park lately.
NE
newsman1
I have nothing to post other than the fact that Channel 4 News over the past few weeks has been exemplary, both from a content aspect and from a production aspect. The other week they had 4 anchors live in 4 locations and lots of VT and stuff from London and all talking to each other. Now, you can make the arguments about pointless lives and whatnot, but from a pure technical level they've been knocking it out of the park lately.

I agree. It seems to be a unique type of anchoring on UK television news.
MA
Markymark

I agree. It seems to be a unique type of anchoring on UK television news.

Last night's programme was excellent. Just a shame there was a delay on the final interview between Jon Snow and Irvine Welsh, which started getting in the way of the points Welsh was making, and a very messy end of the prog, but overall very good.
The programme is streets ahead of Newsnight (IME)

12 days later

NE
newsman1
Can they not spell "Westminster" correctly? They've spelled it "Westminister" in the interviews with political editor Gary Gibbon and Sir Oliver Letwin in tonight's programme.

Newer posts