TV Home Forum

UTV rebrand

New look to bring it in line with ITV (October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
It's a recycled ident.
GM
GMc
Col posted:
Despite the UTV DOG, the bumpers during GMB breaks remain ITV-branded.

That's usually the case until 9.25am as it's the same on STV. Even though we have an STV DOG, we get ITV branded bumpers.

STV receives the ITV DOG during GMB and Lorraine.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Ha! Interesting logo. Should be fairly easy to adapt the big U to a big S - for use in my part of the world at some point in the future.
JO
John
I'm sure this must have been discussed before, but why didn't they just write 'utv' in exactly the same style as 'itv'?
SC
Si-Co
Are Belfast still playing out UTV Ireland?
RD
rdd Founding member
Si-Co posted:
Are Belfast still playing out UTV Ireland?

That's my understanding yes. They cannot hand it over until after the sale closes, because until it does there is always the possibility that something could happen to derail it. I understand the last consent left is Ministerial approval.

Even after the sale does close, they'll probably play out for a while until TV3 firm up their plans for it.
Footballer and Si-Co gave kudos
CO
Colm
Pre-recorded it may be, but it's nice to hear daytime programmes being properly intro'd on UTV.
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Is that the first time UTV have ever had a local announcement at 06:00?
CO
Colm
Break bumper:

CO
Colm
Same ITVBe trailer shown on ITV also shown on UTV.

A first?
MM
MMcG198
Col posted:
Same ITVBe trailer shown on ITV also shown on UTV.

A first?

Yep. Was a bit of a foregone conclusion that ITV would start promoting its other channels on UTV. What puzzled me a little is that ITV 2/3/4/Be/Encore trails weren't phased in before now.
MM
MMcG198
Is that the first time UTV have ever had a local announcement at 06:00?

I can't recall UTV ever covering that link. Until 1988, we joined TV-am with no lead-in announcement. When the Night-time service started, UTV took the Granada overnight service. And since the early-2000s, the generic overnight ITV service has done the honours (albeit an announcerless intro in more recent years).

Newer posts