TV Home Forum

UTV sell TV business to ITV

Rebrand from Oct 17th - please use new thread. (August 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TL
toby lerone 2016
Well he did his last IVC into Murder She Wrote and that was that, no farewells. Teleshopping has just commenced now with no voice over at all over the UTV logo. Rather dull end to years of IVC from Julian.

Rather strange, whether you like Julian, UTV or IVC you would of thought they would do something or mention it after all these years of IVC especially with Julian being the main face of this ever since I was born in the 90s but suppose ITV have a history of doing this for example GMTV never got a proper send off only the last 2 minutes stated it was the last show and had Andrew Castle's daughter sing a song
Last edited by toby lerone 2016 on 17 October 2016 12:34am - 4 times in total
MR
mr_vivian
Apologies in advance for the sound but grabbed my mobile in case nobody else got it. Also recorded a UTV advert.. advertising UTV.

Here's Julian's final link - nothing special but here's history anyway:

JK
JKDerry
9.25am is the start of the change, I just have the feeling. It is always when UTV says Good Morning and welcome to UTV.
MK
Mr Kite
Someone's put up a better quality capture of Julian's last stand here...

DB
dbl
Oh wow, not even a 'there's a new look tomorrow'. Hmm.
DV
dvboy
9.25am is the start of the change, I just have the feeling. It is always when UTV says Good Morning and welcome to UTV.

5:59am has been confirmed already earlier in the thread.
JK
JKDerry
Who confirmed it? UTV usually take the national ITV feed overnight and so the new look will most likely launch at 9.25am in terms of the idents, we will see maybe a sneek peak into the new UTV News set.
RD
RDJ
Who confirmed it? UTV usually take the national ITV feed overnight and so the new look will most likely launch at 9.25am in terms of the idents, we will see maybe a sneek peak into the new UTV News set.

Marc Mallett confirmed it on a tweet posted just on the previous page of this thread. It's launching at 5.59am.
BE
Ben Founding member
Generally ITV hasn't announced any major changes
Who confirmed it? UTV usually take the national ITV feed overnight...

Yeah but the UTV feed will basically always be coming from ITV all the time now so no reason not to use the UTV brand at all hours.
MK
Mr Kite
Presumably UTV's playout was switched off for the last time after handing over to the network feed, unless it is slated to shadow what Chiswick does for a while. But as there's been about two weeks of "dual running" already, the fat lady has probably sang.
RO
rob Founding member
New UTV DOG now live.

Newer posts