TV Home Forum

UTV sell TV business to ITV

Rebrand from Oct 17th - please use new thread. (August 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Julian Simmons is wearing a dinner jacket for the last night of in-vision continuity
London Lite and Richard gave kudos
SC
SCBNI
alexhduk, nwtv2003 and London Lite gave kudos
NW
nwtv2003
Julian Simmons is wearing a dinner jacket for the last night of in-vision continuity

WH
Whataday Founding member
BR
Brekkie
Sums up why ITV are axing IVC.
VM
VMPhil
Sums up why ITV are axing IVC.

I don't know, I was never a fan of UTV's green screen set up but I feel it injects a bit of personality into the station. Easier to do with a regional franchise like UTV than the whole of England and Wales on ITV though.
JK
JKDerry
As Julian would say, he is all done up like a dog's dinner in that suit. He did provide warmth to intros to ITV shows. However IVC just does not fit with ITV and they had to ditch it when they bought UTV.
DB
dbl
Any videos?
:-(
A former member
dbl posted:
Any videos?

Introducing Tutankhamun...

http://www.theidentgallery.com/misc/misc/UTV-IVC-JS-1.mp4

Is it me, but are the graphics HD and Julian SD...?
TT
ttt
Julian Simmons out of vision is just another - and rather below par in this case - random voice. He's an on screen talent, not there for his voice. He should have just joined the ranks of Steel and Weston and gave it up as a bad job rather than hanging on.
JK
JKDerry
Well he did his last IVC into Murder She Wrote and that was that, no farewells. Teleshopping has just commenced now with no voice over at all over the UTV logo. Rather dull end to years of IVC from Julian.
:-(
A former member
It will be interesting to see if there are still ITV idents as usual tonight - and whether they will continue past tomorrow's changes.

Newer posts