TV Home Forum

GMTV of the 1993-2003

Ten years of classic GMTV (May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
It's never really occurred to me how similar that long running News Hour theme is to the theme (and in particular the bed) of The Day Today.
IS
Inspector Sands
It's never really occurred to me how similar that long running News Hour theme is to the theme (and in particular the bed) of The Day Today.

Blimey, don't start doing Day Today comparisons again... you know what happened last time Rolling Eyes
Whataday and London Lite gave kudos
WA
watchingtv
I always found the 'News Hour' titles more interesting. This is all from memory but I recall they kept the same music on that for quite a long time. The title graphics themselves were rather basic, and made quite a big deal about the fact that they had news supplied from Reuters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0oqy9lYHzs

Reuters stopped supplying GMTV's News not long after this, I believe within a year.

PI
picard
Still miss GMTV. this era of it.
:-(
A former member
Those titles come in around January 2000.
:-(
A former member
Here are the LK today titles ( its xmas ones so just ignore the snowflakes )

https://youtu.be/N9c76Z4wOJY?t=1107

116 days later

RN
Rolling News
Who are the two ladies who appear between Andrea McLean and Dr Hilary Jones in the GMTV Today titles from 2000? I'm guessing the first one was a weather girl who would eventually be replaced by Clare Nasir?

Also did they always advertise what was coming up twice in the space of a few seconds during this era? Confused
CR
Critique
The second is Helen Fospero I think, who disappeared from GMTV at some point in the early 2000s and then reappeared on Daybreak years later, effectively becoming the relief presenter of the Newshour part of the programme.
Rolling News and watchingtv gave kudos
WA
watchingtv
The second is Helen Fospero I think, who disappeared from GMTV at some point in the early 2000s and then reappeared on Daybreak years later, effectively becoming the relief presenter of the Newshour part of the programme.

Helen went on to present Look North, then move to Sky/Five News before returning to GMTV before it went to Daybreak.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Those presenter titles were dreadful, considering the wonderful ident they replaced. Even the presenters themselves used to cringe at their gormless faces featured in them

These are still the best titles they ever had - from the golden era of GMTV.

RN
Rolling News
Those titles were fantastic. And it's not difficult to see why the music was used each Christmas for a further 8 years until 2008.
VM
VMPhil
Who are the two ladies who appear between Andrea McLean and Dr Hilary Jones in the GMTV Today titles from 2000? I'm guessing the first one was a weather girl who would eventually be replaced by Clare Nasir?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbcoq1WiO8

Also did they always advertise what was coming up twice in the space of a few seconds during this era? Confused

That sound effect right at the very end of the theme music always sounded to me like someone picking up a piece of paper. Always used to throw me off.

Newer posts