TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rex
A promo trailer for the new series of The Fall on BBC 2's Facebook page has the two main actors sitting in front of a BBC TWO logo, guess which logo it is...?

The 2001 logo, which introduced the personality '2's. Quite frankly the Sun also hasn't changed the BBC Two logo on its listings!
JU
Justin
A promo trailer for the new series of The Fall on BBC 2's Facebook page has the two main actors sitting in front of a BBC TWO logo, guess which logo it is...?

https://www.facebook.com/bbctwo/videos/976834149092420/
They're also using the older '2' in the style of the 2007 'window' at the beginning of this promo.
CA
Cavan
Poetry Night on BBC TWO.

There is so much potential in these ideas - they could have made a new ident set out of them once refined.
tmorgan96 and Brekkie gave kudos
RE
Rex
Cavan posted:
Poetry Night on BBC TWO.
[[Mod edit: Images removed to save loads of scrolling]]

There is so much potential in these ideas - they could have made a new ident set out of them once refined.

It feels as if it's a new pres package, with some nice ideas brought in.

However it feels unlikely for the foreseeable future that BBC Two will change up some aspects of its pres - even if some of what Network has made look like monstrosities. I won't be surprised if Christmas idents get butchered overnight by the Network.
BR
Brekkie
So they can do all that for one theme night yet have to use 20 year old idents the rest of the time.
fanoftv, Cavan and Justin gave kudos
JO
Jonny
Reminds me of the "A Perfect Christmas" idents from 1991.

Any videos?
DP
D.Page
So they can do all that for one theme night yet have to use 20 year old idents the rest of the time.

They were, in effect, multiple stings back-to-back. I doubt they would cost that much to make, compared to a whole set of idents proper.
Last edited by D.Page on 2 October 2016 1:45pm
PF
PFML84
They were also using the newer shaped 2 so I wasn't a fan! If they used the old shape and made some of these longer, they could work. The Space Invaders one especially.
SO
SOL
Didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, so I thought it best to post on this. Nothing exciting

DigitalSpy did a little feature on idents for BBC 1, 2 & 3; some old ITV regions, and Channel 4 http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a810296/best-tv-idents-of-all-time-thames-television-tune-to-bbc-twos-fluffy-2/
RE
Rex
SOL posted:
Didn't think it was worthy of a new thread, so I thought it best to post on this. Nothing exciting

DigitalSpy did a little feature on idents for BBC 1, 2 & 3; some old ITV regions, and Channel 4 http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a810296/best-tv-idents-of-all-time-thames-television-tune-to-bbc-twos-fluffy-2/

Most of the choices there are great, including the Balloon, '2' 90s idents, C4's 2004 pres and the Blobs for Three.

Some though, are questionable - BBC Two's 1986 branding made the channel look 'dull and worthy' in the eyes of many and Rhythm & Movement was derided by many viewers. Why not put the COW instead?
SP
Spencer
No Central cake?!
Footballer and Si-Co gave kudos
LO
looknorth
Good to see Copper getting a Network outing this afternoon!

Newer posts