The Newsroom

NEWS at TEN - January 2016 Relaunch

Big Ben & Bradby (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
And all reports on it end with the line that ITV have no plans to move it.
NE
newsman1

ITV is planning to move it for at least 8 weeks to make way for this entertainment show.
EJ
EJNutz

ITV is planning to move it for at least 8 weeks to make way for this entertainment show.

Have ITV actually said this or is it based on what the unreliable Mirror has said.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Media Guardian is now covering this in detail - Confirming a temporary move to News at When,

here ……..

MEDIA on THEGUARDIAN.COM
15-Sep-2016 @ 23:33
MA
mannewskev
Media Guardian is now covering this in detail - Confirming a temporary move to News at When,

here ……..

MEDIA on THEGUARDIAN.COM

Has the article since been changed? I don't see any confirmation, just a quote that “We are looking at an entertainment show for the new year, more details will be confirmed in due course, including scheduling."
BA
bilky asko

here ……..

MEDIA on THEGUARDIAN.COM

Has the article since been changed? I don't see any confirmation, just a quote that “We are looking at an entertainment show for the new year, more details will be confirmed in due course, including scheduling."

Maybe one of their zero hours contract workers getting revenge at the Guardian's hypocrisy.
AM
AMM
Tom Bradby just introduced headline story, on News at Ten, with a line about his 'contacts' in the city of Aleppo, Syria. Is it really appropriate to refer to Syria's many victims in such a manner and can someone please explain why this inane man is still allowed to present ITN's and ITV's flagship nightly news programme, with all its history and precedence?
BR
Brekkie
Or perhaps he was just referring to the story being sourced by "contacts" he has on the ground. It's not as if he was comparing them to Skittles.

Everyone knows now what they get with Tom at Ten. If you don't like it don't watch it.
AM
AMM
News story sources are not his 'contacts'! It makes them sound like his Westminster chums!! These people are fighting a war against Islamic extremism, barbaric groups and even their own governing bodies! ITV's News at Ten should be presented, in my opinion (others may think otherwise), by an experienced and well respected newscaster, like Julie Etchingham or Mark Austin not a critic of a news story, like Tom Bradby.
PC
p_c_u_k
AMM posted:
Tom Bradby just introduced headline story, on News at Ten, with a line about his 'contacts' in the city of Aleppo, Syria. Is it really appropriate to refer to Syria's many victims in such a manner and can someone please explain why this inane man is still allowed to present ITN's and ITV's flagship nightly news programme, with all its history and precedence?

ITV has tried a straight news show in this slot before and, to put it delicately, had its arse handed to it on a plate every single night.

It's trying something different now, which is something ITN has done over many, many decades. It has to, because people just aren't watching. I can't say it's entirely to my taste, but occasionally I'll dip in for a change of scenery, or if I'm not in the mood for the BBC's ever-expanding could do with a bit of subbing news bulletin.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Tom at Ten! Nice one!

I still can't stand it myself. But, each to their own.
BA
bilky asko
AMM posted:
News story sources are not his 'contacts'! It makes them sound like his Westminster chums!! These people are fighting a war against Islamic extremism, barbaric groups and even their own governing bodies! ITV's News at Ten should be presented, in my opinion (others may think otherwise), by an experienced and well respected newscaster, like Julie Etchingham or Mark Austin not a critic of a news story, like Tom Bradby.

"Contact - someone with whom one is in communication." (Wiktionary)

If anything, contact is more humanising than "source", not less. Tom Bradby has said far more supposedly controversial things as host of News at Ten - I don't see this as an issue at all.
London Lite, Brekkie and Nicky gave kudos

Newer posts