« Topics
RDJ2,700 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
It's a shame Challenge won't acquire anything new or different rather than the usuals. Lily's Blankety Blank however is a good step.

I'm talking about Generation Game, My Kind of Music, You Bet, The Moment of Truth, Interceptor, Noel's House Party. Granted some of those may be easier to acquire than others but I've already seen The Crystal Maze from when it was last on Challenge about a year ago.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
BillyH1,318 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
The Crystal Maze has barely been off TV since it started - a big Channel 4 repeat run happened around 1997, and Challenge started showing it in about '98.

The Ch4 repeats were daily but kept RoB/EtP's "see you next week" links at the end, and an announcer would 'correct' them over the end credits explaining the next ep's actually on tomorrow. Challenge would normally cut the 'next week' lines out instead, often with some jarring edits in the same way loads of Top Gear episodes end on Dave ("That's it...(EDIT)...goodnight!"). Wonder if these will be new copies or the old Challenge masters.
Member since 26 May 2001
Neil Jones5,334 posts since 23 Dec 2001
Central (West) Midlands Today
Most likely what they've already got - in the Virgin days they edited post 1991 Bullseye episodes for various reasons and when they all vanished from the network and came back again with new rights a short while later, the shows kept the same edits.

I dare say in this day and age where playout is done off files on servers, any need for physical tapes limited to making those files, surely?

Is it considered proper for TV networks to keep files of stuff they don't have the rights to broadcast now just in case they want to show it again, which is probably the case with Crystal Maze?
Worzel4,689 posts since 8 Jan 2008
Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
The Crystal Maze has barely been off TV since it started - a big Channel 4 repeat run happened around 1997, and Challenge started showing it in about '98.

The Ch4 repeats were daily but kept RoB/EtP's "see you next week" links at the end, and an announcer would 'correct' them over the end credits explaining the next ep's actually on tomorrow. Challenge would normally cut the 'next week' lines out instead, often with some jarring edits in the same way loads of Top Gear episodes end on Dave ("That's it...(EDIT)...goodnight!"). Wonder if these will be new copies or the old Challenge masters.

It's a shame Challenge won't acquire anything new or different rather than the usuals. Lily's Blankety Blank however is a good step.

I'm talking about Generation Game, My Kind of Music, You Bet, The Moment of Truth, Interceptor, Noel's House Party. Granted some of those may be easier to acquire than others but I've already seen The Crystal Maze from when it was last on Challenge about a year ago.

Challenge did show You Bet in the Flextech days.
62305823,381 posts since 19 Aug 2005
My kind of music its the one thing Challenge really should have acquired but could never understand why it was never entertained. I think it would fit into the channel very well and would also give the last series its First UK wide network airing.