The Gallery

From First Principles: ATV after 1982

ATV retire the shadowed eye (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
Ok. I've taken the comments on board and have decided to go back to basics. Here is a simple video based on the principle that ATV survived and replaced the shadowed eye with the Central moon. I don't want any cr*p, just constructive criticism.

All I want to know is am I on the right path with taking things simply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEnmzNEr2U&feature=youtu.be
MF
MatthewFirth
You're not taking the right path......
NL
Ne1L C
Okay. In what way?
MF
MatthewFirth
I think you need to study other people's mocks before making more. Your mocks look pretty cheap. They are not the worst mocks ever, in fact yours is decent compared to some of the mockers on here, but it's not good enough at the moment.

Try looking at various classic mocks like on APFS, Java-TV and the Gallery and hopefully you'll come back with mocks better than ever.
MF
MatthewFirth
P.S. The programmes you're using are fine, but you may want to study those a bit more too.
NL
Ne1L C
Maybe thats where i've been going wrong. I use tutorials on Youtube but its aggravating to keep switching from AE to YT. Trying to find actual books is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I know i'm a bit obsessive (apergers) and I do these mocks to alleviate my depression.

Many thanks once again.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Maybe thats where i've been going wrong. I use tutorials on Youtube but its aggravating to keep switching from AE to YT. Trying to find actual books is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I've read Youtube comments that state the tutorials are not for copying click-for-click, but to understand how people do things and apply them to your own project. Sadly, it's a valid point. I'm not belittling you, I've tried AE tutorials myself and I find Youtube to be a pain in the backside unless it's one specific technique I'm trying to teach myself, especially sub-consciously thinking "how can I apply this in other projects". It just takes time and persistence.

26 days later

NL
Ne1L C
Hi all

Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. I'm practicing with AE and am just feeling my way round Shocked Very Happy

I'm experimenting with Oracle mocks. (Don't worry they won't be posted.)

Thanks again Very Happy

Newer posts