The Newsroom

Sky News 2015 new look

Split from Sky News presentation. Including election (May 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
EA
Earlie37
I'm thinking that the predictions of a studio move very soon may be a bit premature judging from this. Looks like the 'box' might be used to begin with and more studio space added later on.

FA
fanoftv
I'm thinking that the predictions of a studio move very soon may be a bit premature judging from this. Looks like the 'box' might be used to begin with and more studio space added later on.

Where is that space? I'm guessing from that info that Studio 21 in Sky Central is the box that we've seen previously. Will this be a totally different studio for programmes requiring more room?
AM
AMM

LL
London Lite Founding member
The Pledge returns on September 8th.
BA
bilky asko
The Pledge returns on September 8th.

Interesting, is that when they're polishing the new set furniture?
RK
Rkolsen
AMM posted:

Well that explains the where the cameras will be positioned. There are atleast four hanging from the ceiling. This will definitely clear up floor space that I believe some where mentioning earlier.
GI
gillw72
Is that a pedestal type desk in the middle of the room, so possibly a standing presentation position?
JR
JRY
Yes, the desk looks much higher than the office chair its placed next to, so definitely some kind of standing position or a higher news desk.

It looks a little smaller than I imagined, and I'm still interested to see how they fill the space.

The other space looks interesting as well, but you can't really gage how big it is from that picture.
GI
gillw72
Has anyone seen those type of hanging camera's used before? They must be susceptible to a bit of camera shake even if the mounts are fairly rigid.
MQ
Mr Q
Has anyone seen those type of hanging camera's used before? They must be susceptible to a bit of camera shake even if the mounts are fairly rigid.

TV2 News in Denmark uses them - as seen here. I can't say that I've noticed any wobbly camera shots.
NE
neonemesis
Now they look cool! Looking forward to the blooper reel of presenters being whacked by a flying camera...
BA
bilky asko
Now they look cool! Looking forward to the blooper reel of presenters being whacked by a flying camera...

Maybe they're going for a different take on rolling news? If a guest dodges the question too many times, the camera on the centre track knocks them into a gunge tank.

Dave Benson Phillips isn't busy, after all:

Newer posts