The Newsroom

Franceinfo to launch on Friday

Split from International News Presentation: Past and Present (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Brilliant Jean Michel Jarre type soundtrack though.

The theme is from Jean-Michel Jarre!
DV
DVB Cornwall
Is it commercially available?
LL
"Ask the info, refuse the hoax" Poster ad campaign.

There should be the tweet above, but it doesn't appear to be working, so here's the link https://twitter.com/mompontet/status/771349792320528384

Also there's an event in the main studio/newsroom, which is why they're off-air.

Last edited by London Lite on 1 September 2016 4:57pm
MA
mark Founding member
Ah, so the channel doesn't officially launch until tonight? Now it all makes sense.
LL
mark posted:
Ah, so the channel doesn't officially launch until tonight? Now it all makes sense.

Yes, it appears they did a live pre-launch test on Weds night and Thursday morning on IPTV only. Our French friend previously posted they'll launch at 7pm UK time to coincide with the France 2 20H CET bulletin.
HC
Hatton Cross
Well, I hope Sky News are watching and taking notes. This moves 24 hour news presentation to a new clean, less cluttered level.

But it is typically French! May be just for launch night, but how many presenters do they have in the first half hour?
3 main newsroom/studio floor walkers, 2 in the 'huddle meeting room' glass walled area, and Jacques non-mates over at Radio France.

Like the presentation. Simple graphics, some vt packages with no narration, just the audio track and short snappy info captions.

An 3 reporter location ob passed off well (apart from some missing reporter name and location graphics) and I love the idea of blurring the studio picture to underlay on the ob two-box.

TOTH music. Do I detect a remixed version of an old Anteene 2 news theme, amougst all the bleep, bings and electronic music?

Bon. Tre bien...
DV
DVB Cornwall
Off screen video of the first minute

MA
mark Founding member
I love pretty much everything about the presentation, but the recorded content in between the news bulletins is a bit random. A very public service feel.

And the 'weather in GIFs' is like something L!ve TV would probably be doing if it was around today.
LL
Launch and first 20 minutes of the 2000 CET bulletin.

CH
Charles
I'm now starting to better understand why this channel exists, and why it's coming together with so many different sources. I'm still not really sold on the rigid newswheel format. I can see this working well in the morning (especially because France's morning news game is a little weak), but I can't see how anyone would watch this at night versus the more dynamic news and debate combos on BFM, iTele, and France 24.

I love the visual look and feel of the channel. A few graphics have white text on yellow, which is hard to read, but it's otherwise very well done. However, I am willing to bet money that within a year's time, the "walk-and-talk/reading from a script instead of a prompter to a steadicam" style of presentation will be significantly toned down.
WW
WW Update
And this is what the online launch looked like (w/ English subtitles):

LL
1080p copy of the launch.

Newer posts