Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Some serious nostalgia with the old tills and menu boards.
JU
Justin

A high quality snippet of Paper Cut-Out has appeared on YouTube. I've never quite understood the context behind this idents setting.
JA
james-2001
Not a YouTube video, but for those who missed it the first time it was posted here in the Requests forum, here is Peter Simon as Ronald McDonald:

see here ……..

VIEW on LIVELEAK.COM
31-Aug-2016 @ 08:56

EDIT: A copy appears to have been uploaded to YouTube in the meantime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLXz-ZDQJI

Hah, I used to go in that branch of McDonald's quite a lot as a kid, probably haven't been in there for nearly 20 years though! Still walk past it quite often though.
RO
rob Founding member
This YouTube channel has TV coverage of the 1997 General Election, the 1995 Conservative Leadership Race, and coverage from the day after the death of Princess Diana. Well worth a look...
BA
bilky asko
Cllr. David Boothroyd's channel on YouTube is a treasure trove as well. He has uploads of ITV Election 1997, 2001, and 2005; the Welsh Devolution Referendum Coverage from 1997, the Christchurch By-Election in 1993, and lots more clips of interest converted from VHS.

see here ……..

CHANNEL on YOUTUBE.COM
01-Sep-2016 @ 01:53
NB
nbafan89
rob posted:
This YouTube channel has TV coverage of the 1997 General Election, the 1995 Conservative Leadership Race, and coverage from the day after the death of Princess Diana. Well worth a look...

it is indeed as is david boothroyd's channel
BH
BillyH Founding member
Probably been said before but I'm always amazed at the audio/visual quality of The TV Museum's uploads - by the time you get to the mid-90s they're virtually broadcast quality, and that 1991 clip isn't far off.
JA
james-2001
Quite possibly is broadcast quality, possibly someone who has access to the BBC's archives? Or possibly the BFI- don't they make off-air recordings of the BBC's output?
XI
Xilla
Some of Richard O'Brien's links for BBC2's 1991 "Mystery Train" strand have been uploaded:

JA
james-2001
Aldwych station, when it was still open and the lifts were still running!
MA
Maaixuew
Ah... BBC Two Neon from 1991-2001 (not including the 2014 brief reappearance). I remember it so well:

LL
Larry the Loafer
Just a shame that Lambie Nairn's own copy of this has such muffled audio.

Newer posts