TV Home Forum

X Factor 2016

New titles. (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
The 2016 thread was locked 5 days ago: http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/x-factor-2015-40701/page-34

Anyways a nice new titles for the series.
BR
Brekkie
Or half titles at least but a much needed refresh. Remains to be seen if it extended to the rest of the show.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Nice titles - designed by SHOP, who also did this year's Big Brother titles.
DB
dbl
It's made a difference getting rid of the audience in auditions, feels like they've got the 'old gang' back together.
TV
thetvman
Will be intresting when the ratings come in. Much better than last year, like the new titles. They seem to be using less "joke acts" aswell.
WH
Whataday Founding member
dbl posted:
It's made a difference getting rid of the audience in auditions, feels like they've got the 'old gang' back together.

They've done this for a few years haven't they, then the arena auditions are later on down the line?
AN
Ant
Xtra Factor has a whole new format (and titles). Much more of a BB's Bit on the Side/Thronecast-type live chat show rather than extra auditions.
KN
knack
dbl posted:

They've done this for a few years haven't they, then the arena auditions are later on down the line?

No arena auditions this year - though the chair challenge is in front of an audience.

From Wikipedia...

Stage 2: Judges' auditions – either in an audition room (series 1–5, 13), an arena (series 6–9, 12), or both (series 10–11)
VM
VMPhil
Wasn't planning on watching The X Factor again after losing interest during the 2011 series, but I managed to catch a quite lengthy sneak peek shown last night on ITV, of one of the funnier auditions, that caught my interest.

Watching the show tonight, it appears they have genuinely understood what worked and what didn't work about past series. One thing I didn't like was the pre-title sequence - one of those things that makes the show seem like it takes itself far, far too seriously. Luckily, apart from the Gogglebox rip-off that it is obligated every new TV show must include, that was all that I really hated in tonight's show.

That last audition though… was she serious? Probably one of the funniest auditions I've seen.

Oh, and I have always thought the arena auditions were a mistake. It's not quite the classic auditions style though, as they never used to have a backing track or a screen for those in the waiting area to watch. Close enough though.
BR
Brekkie
Guess the screen is the compromise to get some audience reaction. The new titles look great and this is the panel they should have had when Simon returned a couple of years ago - Nicole far more entertaining in that episode than Cheryl has been over the last two years.

Audition wise though it's the same old story - a few middling to good auditions to start things off then a parade of people for the audience to laugh at. Wish the show would put faith in the talent of auditionees being enough to hook in viewers and keep the joke acts to a minimum.
GO
gottago

Audition wise though it's the same old story - a few middling to good auditions to start things off then a parade of people for the audience to laugh at. Wish the show would put faith in the talent of auditionees being enough to hook in viewers and keep the joke acts to a minimum.

They were kept to a minimum, felt like there was a lot more genuine talent in this episode than there normally is.

It was much better than any episode from last year, a real blot of a series, they got absolutely everything totally wrong last year.
VM
VMPhil
Yeah I thought tonight's episode had a majority of good auditions - maybe they're saving the bad ones for tomorrow!

Interesting they've premiered the new titles tonight. Again, haven't watched it regularly in five years, so it may have changed but they used to wait until the live shows to introduce new titles or graphics.

Newer posts