The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RH
richard h
They have shown Loose Women but Radio Times shows ITV NEWS 4pm - 6:20. They should really just run through from the Lunchtime News - Judge Rinder, Tipping Point and The Chase are all repeats anyway and Real Deal can be shown another time.

Edit - Having said that the BBC have pushed their special back from 1:45 to 3:10 as things don't seem to be happening as early as originally expected.

And what would the journalists on ITV do for all that time? They'd be struggling to make conversation until Dave leaves Number 10.

Initially the BBC were planning to run a special from 1:45 to 4:10 so I thought it was odd ITV was waiting until 4pm when the afternoon schedule is 3/4 repeats but as you can see by the edit that now makes sense as events are not happening until around 5pm, later than originally expected. So they wouldn't have been struggling to fill if things had happened earlier as expected.
NE
newsman1
They have shown Loose Women but Radio Times shows ITV NEWS 4pm - 6:20. They should really just run through from the Lunchtime News - Judge Rinder, Tipping Point and The Chase are all repeats anyway and Real Deal can be shown another time.

Edit - Having said that the BBC have pushed their special back from 1:45 to 3:10 as things don't seem to be happening as early as originally expected.

And what would the journalists on ITV do for all that time? They'd be struggling to make conversation until Dave leaves Number 10.

Initially the BBC were planning to run a special from 1:45 to 4:10 so I thought it was odd ITV was waiting until 4pm when the afternoon schedule is 3/4 repeats but as you can see by the edit that now makes sense as events are not happening until around 5pm, later than originally expected. So they wouldn't have been struggling to fill if things had happened earlier as expected.

You said that they should really just run through from the Lunchtime News. But the fact that events are not happening until around 5 means that there would have been no point in ITV having rolling coverage all afternoon.
RH
richard h

You said that they should really just run through from the Lunchtime News. But the fact that events are not happening until around 5 means that there would have been no point in ITV having rolling coverage all afternoon.

When I made that post it was not known that events wouldn't happen until nearly 5pm
AN
Andrew Founding member
Looks like all the above ranting and raging was pointless then, maybe people should wait before going off on one.

38 days later

NW
nwtv2003
Not seen this done on the national news before, I know some regions have done this in the past, Granada not being one of them.

London Lite and newsman1 gave kudos
JB
JasonB
I don't think it was a good idea to do a live programme from a noisy pub on ITV London. Could hardly hear the presenter at some points.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I don't think it was a good idea to do a live programme from a noisy pub on ITV London. Could hardly hear the presenter at some points.

This must be ITV London editor Rachel Corp's great idea? It reminded me a bit of when Canal 9, a regional channel in Switzerland takes their news bulletin out and about, which have included some nice Swiss bars.
ST
Stuart
I'm a bit late with this, but here is a commercial break faux pas by ITV News during the 6:30 bulletin on 26/07/16.

It seems that the sustaining feed is just a static ITV logo (which wasn't placed as normal with the 'i' in a specific place), which then jumped to an animated logo and the next advert.

It was possibly only seen in ITV Westcountry/West Country/South West (or whatever we're called these days...) Razz
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Nothing to do with ITV News (unless they cocked up the timings spectacularly and finished early)
AN
Andrew Founding member
It was seen in Yorkshire as well, and they then rejoined part two after it had already started.
BS
Ben Shatliff
It was seen in Yorkshire as well, and they then rejoined part two after it had already started.

It happened here in the Granada Region as well. The same thing as what happened in Yorkshire.

9 days later

NE
newsman1
Today's late bulletin was at 10 but it's a short bulletin because of the bank holiday and thus it wasn't the ITV News at Ten. Therefore, Big Ben striking 10 shouldn't have been shown.

Newer posts