The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
Wesley Smith presented the main edition of Channel Reports tonight. Well worth heading to the website for a watch as its like watching an edition of CNS!
RO
rob Founding member
Wesley Smith presented the main edition of Channel Reports tonight. Well worth heading to the website for a watch as its like watching an edition of CNS!

He's presented the bulletin before... definitely one of the best regional presenters around.
ST
South Today
rob posted:

He's presented the bulletin before... definitely one of the best regional presenters around.

Too true! It would be superb if he was given his own programme again. Always makes it his own I feel.
LS
Lou Scannon
Wesley Smith presented the main edition of Channel Reports ...

Not this side of 14th January 2013, he didn't! (And, even before that date, not with an "s" at the end).
ST
South Today

Not this side of 14th January 2013, he didn't! (And, even before that date, not with an "s" at the end).

Thank you! Much easier than saying ITV News on Channel. But my most humble apologies for offending you on a Sunday morning.
LS
Lou Scannon

Thank you! Much easier than saying ITV News on Channel. But my most humble apologies for offending you on a Sunday morning.

I should've put a Wink or something at the end of my comment, as it was meant in good spirits - rather than me being an angry pedant who was genuinely bothered by your choice of wording. Apologies for any misunderstanding. Smile

Even your "ITV News on Channel " sounds marginally better than what it's actually called nowadays! (Having "TV" occur twice within one programme name looks/sounds rubbish IMHO.

DA
dazza1976
'That' on-air resignation:

Last edited by dazza1976 on 23 August 2016 8:39pm
MW
Mike W
Interesting subtitles too 'Good night' repeated twice!

13 days later

RD
RDJ
I've been waiting years and years to see that above clip so it's great to finally see it. I'm surprised the gallery managed to cue the closing music and the light fade after the shock from his outburst!

And that keyboard tap was his way of saying 'job done!'. I was very surprised they even invited him back to Pebble Mill on the final day of broadcasting there in 2004 after this incident!

Anyway... in other news tonight's Inside Out was the first episode in which Andy Akinwolere has opted to change his name and will now be known as Ayo Akinwolere which is his real name shortened from 'Odunayo'. You can read up more details on his decision in this article: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ayo-akinwolere/ayo-akinwolere_b_11834064.html
LS
Lou Scannon
RDJ posted:
I'm surprised the gallery managed to cue the closing music and the light fade after the shock from his outburst!

Given that it was a weekend teatime bulletin, I doubt that any of the senior people to whom he was referring were in the building. I'm sure that the weekend skeleton staff of close colleagues may well have agreed with his sentiments and/or supported what he was doing, and therefore were able to accommodate it.

RDJ posted:
And that keyboard tap was his way of saying 'job done!'. I was very surprised they even invited him back to Pebble Mill on the final day of broadcasting there in 2004 after this incident!

It's likely that the middle-higher management had changed again (probably numerous times) between 1997 and 2004, so the people in charge in 2004 were not the ones that Towers had blasted, and so neither they had an issue with him nor him with them.
DE
deejay
RDJ posted:
I'm surprised the gallery managed to cue the closing music and the light fade after the shock from his outburst!

Given that it was a weekend teatime bulletin, I doubt that any of the senior people to whom he was referring were in the building. I'm sure that the weekend skeleton staff of close colleagues may well have agreed with his sentiments and/or supported what he was doing, and therefore were able to accommodate it.

Or didn't know he was going to do it ...

44 days later

ST
South Today
Kevin Ashford back on Central tonight albeit with a shared content report. Surprisingly Bob seem to struggle to pronounce one of his former colleagues name.

Newer posts