The Newsroom

BBC Olympic Breakfast

Starts 6th August (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Bail Moderator
As has been reported on the forum and in BBC press releases, next week sees the start of a special run of Breakfast, coming from the BBC Sport studio offering Olympic highlights. So as to avoid mega threads I've started this topic for disussion in the build up to the Olympics and the special coverage Breakfast is doing, and to remind members to keep an ear, and an eye for some rather special new titles and music cues from next Saturday!

Further reading: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/rio/tv and http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-05-27/bbc-breakfast-to-become-olympics-highlights-show-for-rio-2016-as-medals-decided-in-the-early-hours

Last edited by Bail on 29 July 2016 6:50pm
gregmc, gordonthegopher and London Lite gave kudos
SC
scottishtv Founding member
It wasn't funny the last time, but I can't help myself:

I'm pretty sure there's a Little Chef joke in there somewhere.
ST
Stuart
Quote:
The famous sofa will move home and come live from the centre of BBC Sport’s hub to bring viewers all the highlights and extended Games coverage every day from 6am.

Presumably this will be the 'travelling sofa' used during OBs, rather than the one from the studio, otherwise NWT won't have anything to sit on. Shocked
BR
Brekkie
I would hope they're taking the opportunity to revamp the NWT set - can't really see the logic for moving it otherwise.

Also although I'm sure Dan Walker did his best to make sure he didn't miss a trip to Rio when signing up for Breakfast they really are missing the opportunity to use his strengths during the fortnight and head up Olympic Breakfast. I'm guessing as no presenters have been mentioned it'll just be the regular team minus Dan.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Will the NC take Olympic Breakfast or will NC viewers get news instead?
NE
News96
It seems like the NC Are taking Olympic Breakfast in the normal fashion according to Digiguide (i.e up until 8:30).
BR
Brekkie
After the endless misery of the news in recent weeks and months it'll be great to wake up to something a bit more positive in the mornings.
ST
Stuart
I would hope they're taking the opportunity to revamp the NWT set - can't really see the logic for moving it otherwise.

It will be interesting to see if NWT go 'on the road' for 2 weeks, or use the bulletin studio. That may perhaps signal that they'd used the opportunity to do some changes to the main studio (or an inability to cope sans sofa).

After the endless misery of the news in recent weeks and months it'll be great to wake up to something a bit more positive in the mornings.

I think you may be being rather optimistic about our medal chances there, Brekkie. LOL Very Happy
BA
Bail Moderator
I'm pretty sure the current sofa is staying right where it is.
BA
Bail Moderator

CU
Custard56
Surely the "new" titles will just be the Olympic title sequence with the word 'Breakfast' slapped on at the end OR, even more underwhelming, the usual Breakfast title sequence with the Olympic logo slapped on at the end (as at London 2012)?

James Mobbs often Tweets about Breakfast as if a new look is around the corner; it never is.
BA
Bail Moderator
They're not "new" in the full on re-brand sence but I'd definatly say they're special titles, far more involved than the 2012 ones.

Newer posts