The Newsroom

Australian TV News

(August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
fox1
I'm not on MediaSpy. Where was the racist part? Or maybe you're joking?
RK
Rkolsen
Couldn't find this thread for a while but thought I had to share the 7News election promo. The video and graphics are corny to me that they are awesome.

UB
UBox
Couldn't find this thread for a while but thought I had to share the 7News election promo. The video and graphics are corny to me that they are awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eReJ5fbnGYU

Oh dear. For Newsround this may be an interesting approach to an election for children but for a serious main network election program it seems like a bit of a joke.
RK
Rkolsen
UBox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eReJ5fbnGYU

Oh dear. For Newsround this may be an interesting approach to an election for children but for a serious main network election program it seems like a bit of a joke.

It's as almost like they got a new toy and want to use it. Let's face it a lot of the augmented reality that's used for election programs are a joke and the program's wouldn't be that much different with out it. That being said the leader taking off is unprofessional.
FO
fox1
Sonia Kruger addresses controversy over call to ban Muslim immigration:

CA
Cando
Bless her, she is just really dumb.
I bet she listens to LBC as well. She married well, so she'll survive

106 days later

TM
tmorgan96
ABC News 24 and ABC NewsRadio are to follow BBC News 24 in 2017 by being respectively rebranded as 'the ABC News channel' and 'ABC News on Radio'.

Dumb move IMO, but what does TV Forum think?
KM
Kevizz MS
That's not correct, they're both being rebranded as "ABC News".
WH
Whataday Founding member

Which is basically what happened to BBC News 24 is it not?
TM
tmorgan96

The Fairfax article on MediaSpy basically said that they would be referred to on air by the means I referred to above.
KM
Kevizz MS
ABC News press release via MediaSpy:

Quote:

With change now a constant in the media landscape, in platforms, channels, competitors and audience demands, what doesn’t alter is what ABC News stands for: brave, independent and trusted journalism.

Ensuring our content is always recognisable as distinctively “ABC News content”, regardless of the platform on which it is being carried and consumed, is essential to our impact and relevance now and into the future.

In the new year the News Division will unveil an updated look on-air and on all our digital platforms, as well as changing the way we refer to our channels.

These changes will ensure it is easy for audiences to find, recognise and consume our news and current affairs content in an increasingly crowded and disrupted news market.

The main changes:

A new ABC News look will be rolled out on all our platforms, giving us a single visual identity that is consistent across News on television, radio, digital and social media, and on third-party sites. (Above is an advance look at two versions of the new logo.) The black and white colour scheme was chosen because it is bold and distinctive, working well across digital and broadcast. The updated look will be used for all our on-screen and digital graphics, titles, maps and weather, helping to unify as well as to distinguish our content.

ABC News 24 and ABC NewsRadio will change names to simply become ABC News.

When necessary, descriptors will be used to point audiences to the services as “ABC News channel” and “ABC News on radio”.

In addition, new technology for on-air graphics and weather information is being rolled out alongside the new look, significantly enhancing this key content for audiences.
BR
Brekkie
Nine and Southern Cross to launch new hour long nightly local news bulletins in 15 markets.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/11/boost-set-for-regional-news.html

Newer posts