The Newsroom

Australian TV News

(August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
The ABC intro:

And still a huge fan of the look of ABC News 24 - it's a few years old now but still looks great.
Last edited by Brekkie on 3 July 2016 2:10pm
WW
WW Update
Seven is launching a dedicated Gold Coast newscast tomorrow, following in the footsteps of Nine. Here's a look at how Seven Brisbane (BTQ7) has covered the Gold Coast over the decades:

WW
WW Update
And this is the first edition of Seven Gold Coast News:

BR
Brekkie
Well that moustache is straight out of the 70s.
WW
WW Update
In response to Seven's move, Nine's Gold Coast newscast is getting a new look and a new co-anchor on Monday. Here's a promo:

WW
WW Update
And here's Nine Gold Coast News with the new set & co-anchor:

WW
WW Update
Meanwhile, Seven has updated its graphics. Here's tonight's news from BTQ7 in Brisbane:

WW
WW Update
And just a week after its premiere, Seven Gold Coast News has adopted the updated graphics:

Last edited by WW Update on 12 July 2016 2:16pm
JC
JosephConnor
And just a week after its premiere, Seven Gold Coast News has adopted the updated graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcWrmSin8Wc

Why does Seven insist on butchering the Mission Confused
RD
rdd Founding member
The headline bed sounds more like it was derived from the sadly now abandoned Today theme, rather than the bed NBC Nightly News uses.
FO
fox1
TODAY Extra and The Voice host Sonia Kruger making headlines today for her comments on Muslim immigration.

As some of you may know, this is something of a first - a major, mainstream network host "coming out", so to speak, with these views. And, needless to say, this is obviously a gutsy and potentially career-ending move for Sonia (However, I have a hunch that this will work for her). But hey, that's the state of play in much of the West right now. One thing is for sure, you gotta talk about it.

By the way, as a new casual online listener to LBC (and TalkRadio) from overseas, I have to say I am quite shocked by the extreme level of appeasement coming out of that station and, presumably, just about every other media outlet in Britain, as well (electronic media, at least). I am sorry the people of London must put up with that.
TM
tmorgan96
Racist on MediaSpy and racist on TVForum. You never do change Fox1, and you make me feel ashamed that people will read this and form an opinion about our country.

Newer posts