TV Home Forum

Sky Sports graphics

Tweaked ...? (August 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
They need to use the same font for both captions and scorecard. Preferably the one used in the captions.
HA
harshy Founding member
I thought Sky Sports had blue and red astons, but Super League are white Confused: Confused: Confused:
MR
mromega
Super League has the best design of the current astons, White, slightly transparent. Just looks really good.

Rugby Union have a similar style but with no transparency, or line gap.

Golf also use White. Cricket, Football and the rest use the Blue/Red combo.

I'm pretty sure the we will be seeing new astons at the start of the season and hope that Sky expand the new scorebox to other sports. I've been having a play around with it and here's how it could look for Cricket, Golf, Darts and Rugby Union.

http://www.mromega.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sky_boxes.jpg
HA
harshy Founding member
Those would look good on screen!

When I used to have Sky Sports(donkeys ago now), Super League always made the best use of it's graphics, does anyone remember the first season of Super League with the yellow and red strip graphics?
JA
jay Founding member
It looks so american!
I'm not sure at the minute but it might grow on me...
HC
Hatton Cross
What is the font used for the new score/time box? It does not look a million miles away from the new BBC Sport corporate font Very Happy

I agree, that this should be used for other sports. Watching the darts last week Handle Gothic looks terrible for scrore captions, I could barley read the score and legs won.
MR
mromega
From my mocks I used Swiss721. It looks pretty much the same.
CA
cat
Woah, can it really be 1992 again?

Another progressive leap forward by the Sky graphics team there.
JA
jay Founding member
I hope they animate in a nice way.
MR
mromega
It animates like this..

Sky Sports logo moves down from the top of the screen, flips over and extends to form the score box. Looks really, really nice.

I'll capture it at the start of the Ajax/Inter match in about 30mins.
JA
jay Founding member
It sounds nice actually, can't wait to see it.
MR
mromega
Real Video capture (200k) Click Here

Newer posts