The Gallery

ITV1 Generic Ident Mock 2011-13 (2003-04 Style) - Part II

With Improvements. (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Hi everyone.

I have read the ratings and the comments of my previous ITV1 Mock (2003-04) Idents and I have also read the rating.

I have decided not to stop making mocks, but improve on my previous mocks, such as this one.

I am doing a free 7-day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud and have decided to utilise the time to improve my mock so that the background is more 3D-looking - a bit more like the original ITV1 (2003-04) idents.

Here are the long idents:
Blue

Yellow

Here are the short idents:
Blue

Yellow
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 16 July 2016 10:52pm - 3 times in total
MF
MatthewFirth
Oh come on, this is still better than some of the other mocks on here.
AlexEdohHD13 and Stuart gave kudos
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Oh come on, this is still better than some of the other mocks on here.

Thank you.
JD
JDN
While the squares background lack the glossiness of the real thing - the colours are spot on in both the blue and yellow versions. Great attention of detail.

My only criticism is the logo itself, but it's very hard to recreate, but there is a background floating around on the internet which matches the proper colour and gradient of what was the ITV logo at the time.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
JDN posted:
While the squares background lack the glossiness of the real thing - the colours are spot on in both the blue and yellow versions. Great attention of detail.

My only criticism is the logo itself, but it's very hard to recreate, but there is a background floating around on the internet which matches the proper colour and gradient of what was the ITV logo at the time.

I've got a few points to make:
Firstly, I did not intend to recreate the logo exactly how it was, this is how I deliberately created the logo.

Secondly, I used flash/colour light/shine effects on all the 3D squares (yes, both backgrounds). I also used the 'Colour Key' effect in a way that it is not noticable.

Thirdly, I may think about animating the logo and putting on the actual background
Last edited by AlexEdohHD13 on 20 August 2016 12:36am
JD
JDN
JDN posted:

Firstly, I did not intend to recreate the logo exactly how it was, this is how I deliberately created the logo.

Secondly, I used flash/colour light/shine effects on all the 3D squares (yes, both background). I also used the 'Colour Key' effect in a way that it is not noticable.

Thirdly, I may think about animating the logo and putting on the actual background

Why did you want the logo to look different? Any particular reason or just didn't like the original?
AE
AlexEdohHD13
JDN posted:
JDN posted:

Secondly, I used flash/colour light/shine effects on all the 3D squares (yes, both background). I also used the 'Colour Key' effect in a way that it is not noticable.

Why did you want the logo to look different? Any particular reason or just didn't like the original?

I was actually experimenting with the logo on Photoshop in 2011 and I ended up with this logo. I deliberately created the logo that way because I wanted it to be done my way based on the ITV background I made in 2011
JD
JDN
JDN posted:

I was actually experimenting with the logo on Photoshop in 2011 and I ended up with this logo. I deliberately created the logo that way because I wanted it to be done my way based on the ITV background I made in 2011

So was it an experiment which you ended up with it or deliberate? You can see why I'm confused?
AE
AlexEdohHD13
JDN posted:
JDN posted:

So was it an experiment which you ended up with it or deliberate? You can see why I'm confused?

Both actually. In a sense that I ended up with that logo as the end result and I deliberately decided to leave the ITV1 logo as it is as I liked it.
JD
JDN
Thumbs up

9 days later

AE
AlexEdohHD13
JDN posted:
Thumbs up

I have made some ITV1 Wales versions of this mock.

159 days later

AE
AlexEdohHD13
November 2016 Update Here:
http://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/itv1-generic-ident-mocks-201013-42162/

Newer posts