TV Home Forum

This Morning

New look and a brand new set - Moving to TVC Studio 3 on 16th April 2018 (August 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jackhendo
I think they should promote Ruth & Eamonn full time, and move Holly & Phil to a One Show-style evening slot.

That's not a bad shout, they could probably use the same studio (with a few set tweaks) as well!
BR
Brekkie
Phillip and Holli can just move to the Welsh version.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2016-07-06/this-morning-gets-behind-wales-and-broadcasts-in-welsh/

Interesting they'll go to that effort for a one off yet haven't for the weekly occurance that is Eamonn and Ruth. Surely though they'll do something for the summer run.
ID
Identity
I think they should promote Ruth & Eamonn full time, and move Holly & Phil to a One Show-style evening slot.

Id love that to happen. Just because im working when its on. I dont like Ruth and eamonn if im honest. They go on too much that they are married... we know!!!
JT
JTCameron29
Nice ro see this korning supporting wales today with welsh totles and opening Smile da iawn Smile

Yes it was a nice touch to the programme, although I personally thought some of the translating was incorrect (despite the fact 'Elwyn' did it) :L 'Bore Ma efo'r Phillip and Holly'. I also thought it was silly when the chalk board still said 'Today' when Phillip was taking the selfie. Surely they could have changed that to 'Heddiw'. Oh well, probably me being a bit picky. Still a nice touch!

I do think Phillip and Holly DID used to appeal to younger audeinces but Holly in recent years, bit like Phil has gone through a phase of being on so many shows, presenting or not and I think viewers can get a little tired. I know Ruth and Eamonn can be on a lot of programmes, but at least they are not always on ITV.

Also, as Eamonn and Ruth are generally on during the school holidays etc. when youger viewers are likely to tune in to the show, they are more likely going to get used to the pair as opposed to Phillip and Holly as they are rarely presenting when they tune in, so it is what they become used to.

I do hope for the summer run, Eamonn and Ruth do get their own titles or 'This morning with Eamonn and Ruth' branding! Otherwise it would increase the current branding/identity failings.
BR
Brekkie
I do like Eamonn and Ruth but I don't think I'd want to see them do it full time. I like Holly too and although I have huge respect for Phil it does feel like he has got somewhat too big for his boots now at the show and it somewhat holds it back, and more critically holds Holly back too. Fern and Phil were always pretty much equals, but Holly doesn't really get to shine IMO unless she's hosting with someone else.

If Holly and Phil were to leave I'd be quite surprised if Eamonn and Ruth were offered the role - they'd most likely be the back up plan for six months later when the new pairing spectacularly flop.
BA
Barney
I don't know what most people's opinion on the presenters today Rylan and Dan is a good partnership to present, but it would work better with Rylan and Fearne.
MR
mr_vivian
When do Phil and Holly go off for the Summer?

I think last year they done a whole Mon-Fri week before the summer
FA
fanoftv
I think they're scheduled to do all next week with Eamonn and Ruth starting their summer run the following Monday.

Are Marvin & Rochelle coming back to do Friday's through the summer?
MP
ManicPumpkin
Are Marvin & Rochelle coming back to do Friday's through the summer?

I think they're busy this summer.

And if not someone should make sure they are...
AL
alexjac0788
Are Eamonn & Ruth doing the entirety of the summer weeks then?
LL
London Lite Founding member
When do Phil and Holly go off for the Summer?

I think last year they done a whole Mon-Fri week before the summer

Phil and Holly always do the final Friday of the main This Morning series in July and the final Friday before Christmas.
BR
Brekkie
Are Eamonn & Ruth doing the entirety of the summer weeks then?

No, they are only listed for Monday to Thursday but no hosts are listed for Fridays. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's Rylan and his other half who from what I saw came across as the more professional presenter of the two.

P.S. Has Eamonn now returned to Sunrise?
Last edited by Brekkie on 9 July 2016 1:58pm

Newer posts