The Newsroom

International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GM
Gary McEwan
This isn't pres related but more to the forum members who live in the Netherlands. Is RTL Nieuws short of presenters at the moment? Over the last 2 - 3 weeks, there has been a whole raft of presenters filling in.

We've had Roland Koopman, Roderick Veelo, Mieke De Jong is appearing more and more and Sanne Staarink has been doing the Late Nieuws for a good while now, and we've even got Hella Hueck doing the Onbijtnieuws this morning...
LL
London Lite Founding member
i>TELE's strike ends at 0500 CET tomorrow after staff voted to return after some reassurances from Canal+.
NY
NYTV
i>TELE's strike ends at 0500 CET tomorrow after staff voted to return after some reassurances from Canal+.

I wonder what those reassurances could be in addition to saving some jobs? Could it be the keeping of the i>TELE name
LL
NYTV posted:

I wonder what those reassurances could be in addition to saving some jobs? Could it be the keeping of the i>TELE name

A quote from a French blogger about the strike translated into English.

Quote:
"Social and editorial guarantees were obtained, and a beginning of dialogue with management,"

So it's far from over yet, but employees agreed to return to work today.
LL
Returning to i>TELE. They recently extended live hours before the strike to 0500-2330. This has been possible by adding a new early breakfast bulletin which is double headed from 0500-0700. The flagship show Team Toussaint has had an hour cut, which is now from 0700-0900.

I suspect Team Toussaint has been cut as Bruce Toussaint is leaving the channel to join France 5 and was pro-active in the recent strike. His colleague Chloé Nabédian is also joining France Télévisions as one of the weather presenters on France 2.

Weekends are still 0600-2330.

BFMTV and LCI are still commencing live bulletins from 0600.
WW
WW Update
SABC, South Africa; the final edition of am2day, 1999 (starts at the 2:30 mark):

LL
The return of live bulletins on France's i>TELE after industrial action on Friday 1 July 2016.

Also to add Bruce Toussaint left on Friday. Don't be surprised if he also ends up anchoring the new France Télévisions rolling news channel breakfast show.
LL
The start of LCI's Grand Journal, presented by Anglo-French newsreader Julie Hammett.

WH
whoiam989
Hier ist das Erste Deutsche Fernsehen mit der Tagesschau Sprechers... um, having a great time. (I don't know the context, though.)

WW
WW Update
Hier ist das Erste Deutsche Fernsehen mit der Tagesschau Sprechers... um, having a great time. (I don't know the context, though.)

I believe they did this for their online viewers after the abbreviated halftime edition of Tagesschau. They are making themselves comfortable for the rest of the game.
Last edited by WW Update on 4 July 2016 11:38am
bkman1990 and whoiam989 gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
I wonder what their celebration would have been when Germany got through on Saturday night on penalties. Laughing

It could have been a neat one for us YT viewers to watch how they got on.
Last edited by bkman1990 on 4 July 2016 5:44pm
WW
WW Update
1990s world news intros, part 3:

Last edited by WW Update on 6 July 2016 6:07pm

Newer posts