The Newsroom

EU Referendum

Presentation of the REF BUT NOT DEBATE OF THE REF (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Little bit awkward for Dimbleby to introduce Reeta Chakrabarti only for someone else to appear on World News every hour.
RK
Rkolsen
MSNBC appears to have taken the bar that ITV is using that shows the votes and percentages for their own use. They just did a hit from their London newsroom with Kelly Cobiella and the bar was resized to fit the width of their astons. The fonts the same, the yellow dividing line that moves as percentages change was there and the update animations the same. I only noticed this at first because the font that's used is not used by MSNBC at all.

EX
excel99
CNN/US now simulcasting CNN International due to the likely Brexit result
EX
excel99
DW
DavidWhitfield
ITV and Sky projecting a LEAVE win.

ITV:

Sky:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u457/DavidWhitfield4/skyeu12_zpss2l6ggyb.png
TM
tmorgan96

I presume Wolf Blitzer will be appearing soon to f**k everything up with his usual bombastic inflammatory rhetoric.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Thankfully CNN International will leave this to their own people who actually know stuff, and don't just read aloud tweets from Donald Trump.
JE
Jeffmister
Is it safe to assume BBC One and maybe ITV will have extended or even (on BBC One) rolling coverage throughout the day to cover the likely significant political fallout from the Leave result?
AA
Aaron_2015
Is it safe to assume BBC One and maybe ITV will have extended or even (on BBC One) rolling coverage throughout the day to cover the likely significant political fallout from the Leave result?

ITV will almost definitely not show This Morning at 10:30am, and probably not Loose Women at 12:30.
GE
Gareth E

Gosh, you would imagine. This is seismic.

Louise Minchin now doing the news updates into the BBC One show, from the main Breakfast studio - albeit with the fake newsroom backdrop usually used on the Andrew Marr bulletin.

I have to say, having followed this all night - and I never thought I'd say this - but I'm missing Tom Bradby and the ITV coverage. Found it really engaging all night with a nice balance of declarations and analysis. And, flicking between channels at the key moments, I found ITV were really portraying the gravity of what we were witnessing. BBC was simply boring, and Sky had too much of Kay Burley being delirious. Allegra Stratton and Robert Peston were particularly impressive.

From what I saw, Laura Kuenssberg was wasted on the BBC. Really not given the chance to shine as she tried to hold up a fading, blubbering Dimbleby.
TM
tmorgan96
Is that backdrop on Breakfast the same one used in N6 and TC7 after 2008?

Get Huw on air. Dimbleby is okay, but he looks tired now. He does need a break.
JA
JAS84
MSNBC appears to have taken the bar that ITV is using that shows the votes and percentages for their own use. They just did a hit from their London newsroom with Kelly Cobiella and the bar was resized to fit the width of their astons. The fonts the same, the yellow dividing line that moves as percentages change was there and the update animations the same. I only noticed this at first because the font that's used is not used by MSNBC at all.

That's an ITV custom font. I reckon they won't be pleased with MSNBC's appropriation of their graphics without credit.

Newer posts