The Newsroom

NEWS at TEN - January 2016 Relaunch

Big Ben & Bradby (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NI
Nicky
Because NAT is extended because of the analysis of tonight's EU Referendum debate; the bulletin had a very rare commercial break under Tom Bradby's role as presenter.

It was extended on Tuesday as well but it never had a commercial break...

Felt very much like the Trevor McDonald days with no music underneath the 'coming up' trail, just a dramatic sting into the break.
VM
VMPhil
Clip (terrible sound edit as broadcast):

NE
newsman1
Why was the double-murder committed in France by a jihadist not mentioned on News at Ten, considering that he claimed to be acting in the name of ISIS?
BR
Brekkie
Why was the double-murder committed in France by a jihadist not mentioned on News at Ten, considering that he claimed to be acting in the name of ISIS?

Sadly it's getting to the point where such things are not really news any more.
WW
WW Update

Sadly it's getting to the point where such things are not really news any more.

But then again, this was one of the top stories here in Slovenia tonight.
NE
newsman1
In June 2014, during the World Cup, ITV News at Ten was replaced with a ten-minute bulletin at 10:15 on one Friday night because ITV was broadcasting two football matches that evening (Brazil being in a different time-zone being a factor) and the full-length bulletin broadcast at 6:30 met the peak-time national news requirement.

Now that the programme has since been revamped, i.e. a single presenter and the reporters saying "News at Ten" in their name-checks, what would happen if that issue with regard to two World Cup football matches being broadcast by ITV on the same evening arises again? Would ITV still squeeze in a 25-minute News at Ten?
BR
Brekkie
It won't be an issue for at least 10 years.
BR
Brekkie
Watching in full for the first time in ages. Rageh Omar has significantly improved, and the football and later slot means an ad break with a different sting to the other bulletins.

Robert Peston though clearly showing he is ITV's secret weapon tomorrow night - just ask him one question at 10pm and that should take them through to the result at around 7.30am.
VM
VMPhil
There was an incident on tonight's News at Ten where the camera decided it had had enough of Peston. Evidently it's not just the BBC who have trouble keeping their cameras in the right position! Wink

Also, there was a preview of the titles and set for tomorrow night's EU referendum special, with Tom Bradby.

Brekkie, newsman1 and Nicky gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Just to say News at Ten was excellent tonight and as controversial as the changes were I think it's great that ITV now have a bulletin which is a bit more than just a round up of the days news. On days like today I'm quite happy now to skip all the other bulletins and get the detail from News at Ten and I think they've got the compromise between the long form reports on Newsnight and C4 News and the shorter reports on standard BBC/ITV bulletins pretty much spot on.

I just hope ITV allow it grow and actually begin to push it a bit more - would be a shame to see it's own editorial identity lost once again the next time an ITV News rebrand comes around.
Jeffmister and Nicky gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
Mark Austin has said on the ITV Evening News that Nina Hossain will be presenting the News at Ten later tonight.
BA
Barney
Mark Austin has said on the ITV Evening News that Nina Hossain will be presenting the News at Ten later tonight.

Think she may be the 4th presenter of news at ten now, she did host in May too on one occasion, itv must have realised they need more cover for news at ten
newsman1 and bkman1990 gave kudos

Newer posts