TV Home Forum

Northern Ireland presentation

BBC and UTV (while it exists) (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Just to be extra geeky, that looks like the pre-2007 '2' to me
JO
Jonny
Hats off to the BBC NI team.
RD
rdd Founding member
UTV are using a "Part of the Euros" break bumper.
DP
D.Page
Just to be extra geeky, that looks like the pre-2007 '2' to me

Yes, it's the former 2 shape. Good decision, NI.

The 2 on the back of the man's shirt looks like it's been superimposed in post, to me. The bottom-right section, in particular, doesn't appear to behave naturally as the shirt sways and blows in the wind slightly, as he walks.
CA
Cavan

I'll upload BBC TWO NI's ident when I get the chance.
CR
Critique
A rare miss from the pres team in NI I'd say - there's nothing technically wrong with them and it's nice they made the effort but they don't fit in with the rest of the idents (I know Network the theme of the idents long ago with all the non-circular special ones they've been pumping out, but NI generally manage to keep with theme, as with their Titanic ident). Also, the crowd in the ident are saying 'England' to the three notes of the ident on form up, aren't they?
CA
Cavan
BE
Ben Founding member
A rare miss from the pres team in NI I'd say - there's nothing technically wrong with them and it's nice they made the effort but they don't fit in with the rest of the idents (I know Network the theme of the idents long ago with all the non-circular special ones they've been pumping out, but NI generally manage to keep with theme, as with their Titanic ident). Also, the crowd in the ident are saying 'England' to the three notes of the ident on form up, aren't they?

Well the scarf is being rotated in a circle, but its not a perfect execution. The crowd sing Here We Go.
CR
Critique
Shows how strong perception is! I can't hear 'Eng-er-land' now you've said that and can only hear 'Here we go'!
CO
Colorband
I can't hear much of anything; just a crowd roaring (although I can make myself hear either England or Here We Go on command)
:-(
A former member
BBC NI has a new sting for Love in a day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03qtp71

Quote:
Twenty-four hours of what love means. It’s your chance to tell us about your life, loves and passions. On 18th June 2016 send us your videos and photos – of what love means to you. Watch live from 8am to 8pm as we capture love on this day.
:-(
A former member
I wonder if there will be any new or special pres for this love day?

Newer posts