TV Home Forum

Granadaland Gallery

Brilliant photos of the old Granada Studios (May 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steddenm
Found this site courtesy of the Manchester Evening News and it's fantastic showing some photos of what the Granada Studios look like now ITV have left.

http://www.granadalandgallery.com

Some are quite eerie with the monitors in the control room still in situ and the cue sheet on a pedistal.
ST
Stedixon
Just had a look. Great if not brief. I'd have liked a bit more detail but hey ho.
SD
sda|
Great link. Very good shots but maybe a bit too arty as this type of thing always is - I'd have liked to see the old Bernstein offices and boardroom (or where it was) and more techy areas! Anyone have any layout maps of the centre? It's always confused me as to what's where...
DE
deejay
There's also some good shots of the studios on the Old Granada Studios website. They apparently are attempting to market the old studio spaces as venues for exhibitions, arts events and so on. The picture below is the cavernous Studio 12:

http://oldgranadastudios.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1studio12_banner_800__cropped.jpg

http://oldgranadastudios.com/venue-spaces/all-venues/
DJ
DJGM
It's good to see they're keeping the studios for something worthwhile and not tearing them down like they have recently started doing with the former Corrie set. I suppose it isn't an unrealistic possibility that the studios could be hired by TV production companies.
LL
Larry the Loafer
I don't suppose anybody knows what's inside the Albert Dock studios nowadays? I know Granada have long since vacated it, but I drove past it one night a little while ago and recall seeing some lit windows.
DV
dvboy
Walked past just the other week actually. I think it's a kitchenware store.
LL
Larry the Loafer
dvboy posted:

If it is, I'm surprised there's no signage to say what it is.
TO
topdog2006
dvboy posted:

If it is, I'm surprised there's no signage to say what it is.

There's no signage as far as I recall. Worth noting though that the pillars just outside the former studio are still painted grey to not be as visible.
MK
Mr Kite
That's the This Morning studio. The main 'Granada Liverpool' complex was the old Dock Traffic Office building. This is where the Granada Reports/Tonight/News came from, plus some other things like ITV Sports Results programme with Elton Welsby (good times).

I think the This Morning studio was used by Granada tonight on ocassion also; I think in the summer when This Morning went off air.
RO
robertclark125
The old Granada studios in Liverpool are now used by the Liverpool Maritime museum.
MK
Mr Kite
^^ Sorry, meant to add that to my post. It's the International Slavery Museum now. Been inside. It's a Tardis of a building: seems a bit larger inside than out. Didn't notice anything that gives away it was once used to bradcasting. Best building on the dock, in my opinion.

Newer posts